Role: Head of Programming
Location: Remote, preferably London
Start Date: December 2023
FIGURA is an interdisciplinary, multidimensional institution that curates and shapes key cultural moments. We believe in the power of diverse art forms, including music, performance, dance, and art, to foster conscious participation and expression. We work like a puzzle, creating distinct, modular events that stand on their own throughout the year, bringing each piece together cohesively at an apex in our annual event.
FIGURA is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Head of Programming with a focus on live music, performance, and dance. In this role, you will curate and shape the artistic direction of our events, ensuring a seamless and engaging experience for our audience. You will collaborate with renowned artists and emerging talents to create unique and immersive cultural experiences.
The successful candidate will be an experienced curator of cultural programs and events. They will be aware of developments at the forefront of music, arts, and culture internationally and excited by the opportunities and challenges of developing a globally renowned program.
- Curate and develop the artistic direction of FIGURA’s events, with a focus on music, performance, and dance.
- Collaborate closely with talent to execute engaging and innovative programs.
- Research and identify emerging talent, trends, and movements in the cultural industry to ensure FIGURA remains at the forefront of artistic innovation.
- Build and maintain relationships with artists, agents, and industry professionals to secure partnerships and collaborations.
- Assist in managing the programming budget, allocating resources effectively to support the artistic vision.
- Coordinate logistics and production requirements for talent.
- Continuously evaluate event success through audience feedback, reviews, and metrics, making adjustments as necessary to enhance future programming.
- 4+ years proven experience in programming, curation, or artistic direction within the cultural space.
- In-depth knowledge of contemporary music, performance, and dance trends, as well as a strong understanding of historical and cultural contexts.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, collaborating effectively with artists, performers, and industry professionals.
- Strong organizational and project management abilities, overseeing multiple events simultaneously.
- Creative thinking and a keen eye for artistic excellence, identifying and showcasing emerging talent.
- Proactive and self-motivated, working independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with budgeting and financial management.
- Passion for cultural experiences and commitment to fostering diversity and inclusivity in the arts.
Bonus qualification: Previous experience working in a start-up environment, demonstrating an understanding of the unique challenges and dynamics associated with building and scaling a new organisation.
If you are a visionary leader with a passion for curating and shaping unique cultural moments, we would love to hear from you.
Join FIGURA and contribute to the creation of unforgettable artistic experiences that inspire and engage audiences.
FIGURA is a diverse team that welcomes applicants from all backgrounds, particularly underrepresented groups.