Established in 2004, Felt Music is an industry leading Music Supervision company, which offers a complete range of music services.
We offer full supervision & licensing and bespoke composition services and have been fortunate enough to work on campaigns for Apple, Rimmle, Kia and Emirates; and TV shows such as The Grand Tour and Black Mirror.
The Felt Blue label is a premium production music catalogue, consisting of 15,000 tracks and growing. Composed by award winning composers and commercial artists, we offer a huge selection of genres and styles and pride ourselves on delivering consistently high production values.
We also run Felt Sound Studios, a Sennheiser flagship studio, specialising in VO and audio post. Located at our Soho HQ.
A hugely exciting opportunity has arisen to join the leadership team at Felt Music as Head Of Publishing.
The perfect candidate will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of music publishing across Felt’s production music, bespoke and commercial catalogues.
Alongside Felt’s senior leadership team, you will also help set out Felt’s global strategy, market position and achieving business objectives
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Oversee global sub publishing network
- Manage existing relationships
- Seek new opportunities in key unrepresented markets
- Identify areas for growth internationally
- Manage registrations and royalty runs
- Manage workload of the Royalty Manager
- Ensure the royalty distributions are carried out accurately and smoothly
- Ensure all works are correctly registered
- Distribute works to AdRev, BMAT and PPL
- Royalty tracking & analysis
- Analyse royalty statements
- Identify trends and patterns through usage reports, monitoring catalogue strength
- Track all uses and pursue missing use claims through relevant channels
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPIRIENCE
- 5+ years working for a music publisher. Preferably for a production library, bespoke music publisher or broadcaster
- In depth understanding of TV and advertising landscapes
- In depth understanding of royalty distributions
- Experience in works registrations
- Experience in working with music royalty systems, such as Curve or Music Maestro (desirable)
- Strategic and commercially savvy
- Experience in team management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong relationship management skills
- Analytical and numbers driven
- Highly organised, thorough and able to manage varied projects simultaneously
- Positive, energetic attitude and comfortable in a fast mobbing environment
- A love for music!