Facebook is looking for an Analyst to join the Strategic Planning & Operations team and focus on supporting the Music Business Development team. The SP&O team is chartered with identifying and driving strategic and operational improvements to help Partnerships leaders better run their businesses through planning, operations, and analysis.
This position offers a candidate with prior quantitative modeling and data analysis experience an exciting and high-profile opportunity to work across partners, programs and products to influence the trajectory of how music is experienced in Facebook, Inc. products (including Facebook and Instagram).
The ideal candidate will have a strong technical, analytical, and operational background and will be comfortable working through ambiguity by using data. This is a full-time position.
STRATEGIC PLANNING & OPERATIONS ANALYST, MUSIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Use SQL to pull queries from our internal database
- Build dashboards for the Music Business Development team to understand music trends and performance across our products
- Respond to and aggregate data requests into common use cases in order to help Partnerships team drive insights around labels and publishers partners
- Better understand the music landscape by finding key differentiating variables and running segmentation/clustering analysis.
- Quality control of usage stats regularly provided to music labels and publishers
- Build partnerships within internal teams and stakeholders, including Product, Operations, Engineering, among others, to drive analysis and insights on business drivers
- Provide analytical support across key planning processes for the Music Business Development team including tiering, goaling, forecasting and resource planning
- Provide first rate analytical, KPIs visibility, marketing effectiveness and business trends/drivers support via SQL, reporting and data visualization tools
- BA or BS degree
- 5+ years of experience working in an analytical capacity developing insights, defining metrics, and making recommendations
- Presentation and communications experience with extracting insights from technical data sets to varied audiences including communicating with senior management, including experience with Excel and Powerpoint
- Organized and structured thinker with high attention to detail and interest in processes
- 3+ years experience with SQL (or similar language aimed at querying relational databases)
- Experience using data access tools and building visualizations using large datasets and multiple data sources
- Experience with data management, specifically with validating and auditing data and reports from multiple systems
- Experience in financial modeling, ROI analysis, forecasting, data analysis, and experience seeing beyond numbers to drive sound decision-making from complex datasets
- Proven stakeholder management experience – including managing multiple cross-functional partners simultaneously
- 2+ years of experience with R, Python, or a similar scripting language