Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together.
Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we’re just getting started.
The Media Operations team develops solutions for media companies on Facebook and Instagram by creating scaled systems to address the issues impacting their experiences with the suite of Facebook products. Our Music Partner Operations team is committed to providing support for music content partners inclusive of the specific needs of the industry.
We are seeking a Music Content Operations Lead to manage technical operations and global product support functions for music publishers. Candidates will have extensive operational experience with publishers and performing rights organizations including rights management, reporting, data reconciliation, and development of supporting systems. They will also be data driven and flexible to frequent changes. They are expected to think creatively about ambiguous issues and are passionate about problem-solving. They will also be able to work successfully across teams and regions.
- Design and scale operations support workflows for music partners around product use, product insights, and issue resolution
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams – including partnerships, operations, product, and engineering teams
- Develop a deep expertise in Facebook’s music rights management products and how they are being used across constituent groups.
- Manage day to day ongoing operations with Facebook’s international music publisher partners, especially data exchanges with societies and administrators
- Technical account management downstream of partner engineering
- When necessary, create scripts or processes to facilitate scalable music publisher data ingestion and reconciliation
- Operational support and Publisher advocate for development of rights management products and tools
- Communication with partners with regard to onboarding specifications and processes, including general documentation
- Publisher advocate for contractual rights based decisions and actions
- Represent Facebook with standards setting boards, governance organizations and other relevant external committees.
- BA or BS degree
- 4+ years of experience in music account management, product management, online operations, consulting, or analytics
- 2+ years of people management experience
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work cross-functionally, both internally and externally
- Analytical background and ability to manage results to metrics
- Experience with DDEX and metadata standards
- Technical operations capacity
- Experience with international publishing operations paradigms
- Understand sensitivities around IP policy, processes, and products
- Knowledge of music industry licensing and operations
- Knowledge of digital rights management products, especially for music.