Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together.
Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together.
Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we’re just getting started.
Facebook is seeking a Music Business Development Manager who is passionate about the changing music ecosystem, technology and supporting our goal of connecting people through social media, the mobile eco-system and business strategy.
This role will support Facebook’s strategy and negotiations with music labels (both majors and independents), as well as collaborate with product teams to ensure a coordinated and best-in-class suite of licensed music features.
The position is full-time and based in our office in Menlo Park.
- Support label licensing strategy and conduct negotiations with major and independent music labels, including playing a lead role in negotiations when necessary
- Work with Facebook product, operations and partnerships teams to ensure a comprehensive music strategy that supports our efforts to make the world more connected on Facebook
- Represent Facebook in meetings with music industry executives from other companies
- Be a source of insights about the music ecosystem and partners to our executives
- Execute in an intense, fast-paced, and highly iterative environment
- 5+ years of digital music negotiation experience
- Experience working directly with product development and engineer teams
- Proven track record of hands-on deal experience in music licensing
- Extensive knowledge of the music industry, digital business models, music product features and technology
- Proven track record with high standards of professionalism
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to develop strong working relationships inside and outside Facebook
- Creative, resourceful, detail-oriented, highly organized
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to meet multiple objectives in an entrepreneurial environment with little supervision
- Love consumer and mobile products
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.