Facebook is seeking an APAC Music Business Development Manager who is passionate about changing the music ecosystem, technology and supporting our goal of connecting people through social media, the mobile ecosystem and business strategy. This role will assist in Facebook music strategy and negotiations with the music rightsholders in APAC, as well as to collaborate with our product and media partnerships team to ensure a coordinated and best-in-class licensing structure. The position is full-time and based in Singapore, Tokyo or Seoul.
MUSIC BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER, APAC (IG + FB FAMILY APPS) RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in Facebook music strategy and negotiations with music right sholder in APAC – primarily with music publishers/societies and secondarily with music labels
- Work with Facebook product and partnerships teams to ensure a comprehensive music strategy that supports our efforts to make the world more connected on Facebook
- Represent Facebook in meetings with music industry executives from other companies in APAC
- Be a source of deep insights about the regional music ecosystem and partners to our executives in APAC
- Execute in an intense, fast-paced, and highly iterative environment
- 5+ years hands-on experience in negotiating digital music licensing deals, with total 10+ years of experience
- Proven track record of leadership and deal experience in closing bespoke, complex digital licensing deals for global organizations
- Proven track record with high standards of professionalism
- Extensive knowledge of digital music models and technology
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to develop strong working relationships inside and outside Facebook
- Creative, solution-seeking, resourceful, detail-oriented, highly organized
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to meet multiple objectives in an entrepreneurial environment with little supervision
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together.
Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we’re just getting started.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.