Facebook, Inc. is currently searching for a professional to work in Accounting as part of the team responsible for ensuring the accuracy and completeness of the revenue process for the music business and continually developing and enhancing music processes and financial systems. Additional responsibilities will include month-end close activities and fulfillment of internal and external audit requests. The individual must be a self-starter and work with limited direction while taking full ownership of their areas of responsibility. They will be expected to problem solve, recommend solutions, and exercise good business judgment while performing their functions. He/she is expected to have a strong business acumen coupled with a technical accounting background and strong communication skills to effectively facilitate information flow between cross-functional business partners and the Finance organization.
MUSIC ACCOUNTING MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES
- Carry out month-end close activities, including preparation of journal entries, reconciliations and other duties as necessary
- Ensure an accurate and timely, monthly, quarterly and year-end close
- Fulfill internal and external audit requests
- Develop scalable business processes for the music business
- Work closely with product engineering and finance IT teams to design and deliver innovative system solutions
- Identify process gaps and independently develop and implement solutions
- Design and implement effective internal controls
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with internal team members and cross-functional teams
- Collaborate with various Facebook teams – legal, product, engineering, finance, tax, policy, regulatory, privacy, risk management – to ensure business needs are met
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- 7+ years of relevant experience in accounting
- Knowledge of US GAAP and internal control best practices
- Interpersonal and communication experience
- Planning, analytical, and presentation experience
- Experience identifying problematic areas and determining root causes
- Computer and analytical experience, including knowledge in Excel
- Big 4 audit experience
- Experience with Oracle Financials, SAP or similar ERP system
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we’re just getting started.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.