Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected.
Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us — and we’re just getting started.
Facebook seeks an experienced music licensing lawyer with a penchant for teamwork and technology to lead its music licensing efforts within Legal.
This position will partner closely with internal business counterparts in driving licensing negotiations, as well as coordinating with product, engineering, operations, finance and legal teams in support of the company’s evolving music licensing needs. In this role, you will be responsible for solving cutting-edge licensing issues on a global scale, with an opportunity to help shape the future of music use on Facebook.
- Support Facebook’s biz dev team in developing our music licensing strategy and helping lead negotiations across labels, publishers, and collecting societies globally
- Lead and grow Facebook’s nascent music licensing legal team, and direct outside licensing counsel around the world
- Oversee the drafting of all music licensing agreements
- Coordinate with internal product and engineering teams in connection with product development that may impact licensing needs
- Guide and support engineering efforts to develop data insights and reporting capabilities
- Collaborate with other members of the legal team (commercial, product, etc.) to ensure business needs are met
- JD or foreign equivalent
- 8+ years of relevant music licensing experience, including extensive hands-on experience negotiating label, publisher, and society licenses globally
- In-house experience, and work with digital distribution of music involving online services, apps, and innovative technologies
- Experience operating in a fast-paced environment and juggling multiple priorities under pressure
- Track record of strategic and creative thinking, and exercising excellent business judgment
- Excellent communication skills and pro-active, collaborative, work ethic
- State bar membership or foreign equivalent
- Willingness to travel