Facebook seeks a highly creative and motivated team player to join its Music Legal team.
You will play a significant role as we integrate music into our family of products, enabling our users to build community around the music they love.
As well as partnering closely with colleagues on the Music Legal team, you will be the main point of contact for other teams across the company, helping them to understand and navigate our complex, multi-jurisdictional music licensing program, and teaming up with the Product IP legal team to ensure that products and apps are built in compliance with existing obligations.
This role will tackle cutting-edge music and media issues on a global scale for Facebook, Instagram, and affiliated companies and platforms.
This is a great opportunity to join a growing legal team and make an impact in an exciting, fast-paced environment.
- Develop deep understanding of our license structures and obligations globally
- Interpret and advise on rights, obligations and general relationship and industry implications under Facebook’s numerous international music deals
- Serve as lead point of contact for colleagues in the Product IP legal team, and specifically with the Lead Product IP Counsel, Music, to ensure that all products featuring music operate in compliance with our licensing obligations
- In conjunction with the Product IP team, provide product knowledge and insight to the Music Business Development and Music Legal teams
- Serve as lead point of contact for our Music Product Business Development team, as we explore new ways to integrate music into innovative new products, features and services
- Serve as lead point of contact for our Rights Manager and IP/Copyright Operations team on content identification, takedown and repeat infringer policies and processes
- Instruct and work closely with a global network of outside counsel
- Generally collaborate with other members of the legal and policy teams (regulatory, corporate, privacy, etc.) to ensure business needs are met
- JD with membership in at least 1 state bar, or equivalent in any non-US jurisdiction
- 5+ years of legal experience in dealing with and advising clients on domestic and international digital music rights, distribution and licensing issues
- Experience with digital music industry issues, both label and publishing
- Experience operating independently and juggling multiple projects across different jurisdictions
- Experience working with and leading cross-functional teams to get the job done
- Experience with new and evolving technologies
- Relevant in-house experience
- Experience working with tight deadlines
- Sound judgment and willingness to take bold positions
- Patience and resilience