Facebook seeks an experienced music licensing lawyer with an aptitude for technology to join its growing music licensing team. This position will partner closely with internal business counterparts to negotiate and deliver partnerships with record companies, music publishers and other stakeholders across the music industry.
LEAD COUNSEL, MUSIC LICENSING RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support Facebook’s music business development team in executing our global music licensing strategy across labels, publishers, and PROs
- Draft and negotiate partnership agreements with music industry stakeholders
- Collaborate with various Facebook teams – legal, product, finance, tax, policy, regulatory, privacy, risk management – to ensure business needs are met
- Instruct and manage local outside counsel, as necessary
- J.D. degree (or foreign equivalent) and membership in at least one U.S. state bar
- 5+ years of digital music licensing experience, including hands-on experience negotiating label, publisher, and PRO deals
- Experience communicating and collaborating with cross-functional teams
- In-house experience at a technology or product-led company
- Experience with digital distribution of music involving online services, apps, and innovative technologies
- Proven track record of strategic and creative thinking
- Experience prioritizing and working under pressure
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together.
Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we’re just getting started.