Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together.
Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we’re just getting started.
Facebook seeks an experienced music licensing lawyer with an aptitude for technology to join its growing music licensing team. This position will partner closely with internal business counterparts to negotiate and deliver partnerships with record companies, music publishers and other stakeholders across the music industry. The role will focus on North America, as part of a global strategy, and is based in Menlo Park, CA.
- Support Facebook’s biz dev team in executing our music licensing strategy across labels, publishers, and PROs
- Negotiate and draft partnership agreements with music industry stakeholders in North America
- Direct outside licensing counsel
- Coordinate with product and engineering teams in connection with product development related to licensing
- Collaborate with other members of the legal team to ensure business needs are met
- JD with admission to at least one state bar
- 5+ years of relevant music licensing experience, including hands-on experience negotiating label, publisher, and PRO deals in the digital space
- Communication skills and pro-active, collaborative, work ethic
- Commercial awareness and ability to prioritize under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- In-house experience, and work with digital distribution of music involving online services, apps, and innovative technologies
- Willingness to travel