Facebook‘s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together.
Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together.
Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
Facebook seeks an experienced music licensing lawyer with an aptitude for teamwork and technology to join its growing music licensing team. This position will partner closely with other lawyers on the music team, and with internal business counterparts to negotiate and deliver innovative partnerships with record companies, music publishers, CMOs, and other music industry stakeholders across Latin America.
The role is based in London, and will report to Facebook’s senior international music licensing lawyer, also in London.
- Support Facebook’s music business development team in executing our global music licensing strategy in Latin America
- Draft and negotiate partnership agreements with music industry stakeholders in Latin America
- Collaborate with other Facebook teams – product, finance, tax, policy, regulatory, privacy, risk management – to ensure business needs are met
- Serve as initial point of contact for all music-related questions from Facebook teams in Latin America – for example, questions relating to synch licensing, partner events, and inclusion of music in new products and features, sales initiatives, advertising and marketing materials
- Instruct and manage local outside counsel, as necessary
- Lawyer, qualified to practice in one or more Latin American, European or US jurisdictions
- Fluent in English, and Spanish and/or Portuguese
- 7+ years of relevant digital music licensing experience, including hands-on experience negotiating deals with local labels, publishers and/or CMOs
- Prior in-house experience, ideally at a technology- or product-led company
- Excellent communication skills and pro-active, collaborative work ethic
- Commercial awareness, and exceptional business judgment
- Ability to prioritize effectively, and to work under pressure in a genuinely fast-paced environment
- Proven track record of strategic and creative thinking
- Willingness to travel