Facebook is seeking a Label Music Business Development Manager who is passionate about the changing music ecosystem, technology and supporting our goal of connecting people through social media, the mobile eco-system and business strategy.
This role will support Facebook’s strategy and negotiations with music labels (both majors and independents), as well as collaborate with our product and media partnerships teams to ensure a coordinated and best-in-class licensing structure.
The position is full-time and based in our office in Menlo Park.
- Support label licensing strategy and conduct negotiations with major music labels, including playing a lead role in negotiations when necessary.
- Represent Facebook in meetings with music industry executives from other companies.
- Be a source of insights about the music ecosystem and partners to our executives.
- Execute in an intense, fast-paced, and highly iterative environment.
- 5+ years of digital music negotiation experience.
- BS or BA degree.
- Proven track record of hands-on deal experience in music licensing.
- Extensive knowledge of the music industry, digital business models and technology.
- Ability to operate independently and pro-actively to drive business goals.
- Proven track record with high standards of professionalism.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to develop strong working relationships.
- Creative, resourceful, detail-oriented, highly organized.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to meet multiple objectives in an entrepreneurial environment with little supervision.