Facebook was built to help people connect and share, and over the last decade our tools have played a critical part in changing how people around the world communicate with one another. With over a billion people using the service and more than fifty offices around the globe, a career at Facebook offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization.
Facebook is seeking a Director of Global Music Licensing who is passionate about the changing music ecosystem, technology and supporting our goal of connecting people through social media, the mobile eco-system and business strategy.
This role will lead Facebook’s strategy and negotiations with music labels and publishing/performing rights organizations, as well as collaborate with our product and media partnerships teams to ensure a coordinated and best-in-class licensing structure. The position is full-time and based in our main office in Menlo Park.
- Lead music licensing strategy and negotiations with rights holders throughout the world
- Work with Facebook product and partnerships teams to ensure a comprehensive music strategy that supports our efforts to make the world more connected on Facebook
- Represent Facebook in meetings with music industry executives from other companies globally
- Be a source of deep insights about the music ecosystem and partners to our executives
- Execute in an intense, fast-paced, and highly iterative environment
- Proven track record of leadership and hands-on deal experience in music licensing for global organizations
- Proven commercial leadership with business development and operational experience with technology companies
- Highly strategic and capable of driving internal stakeholders to a consensus on important issues
- Extensive knowledge of online business models and Internet/consumer/technology
- Proven track record with high standards of professionalism
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to develop strong working relationships inside and outside Facebook
- Creative, resourceful, detail-oriented, highly organized
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to meet multiple objectives in an entrepreneurial environment with little supervision
- Extensive negotiation experience, including comfort with legal aspects of negotiations
- 10+ years of partner management experience together with international experience