Explorer1 Music Group (EX1) is a Los Angeles, California based global full-service music company owned and operated by highly respected, experienced, and passionate professionals from the music, movie, TV, radio and media industries.
EX1’s business model provides never seen before financial support and stability, while delivering a completely unique one-of-a-kind turnkey support system for recording, mastering/remastering, catalog management, distribution, streaming, syndication, broadcasting, licensing, promotion, marketing, touring, merchandising and all other aspects of the industry that normally are managed by multiple entities or persons. Explorer1 Music Group operates from Los Angeles, California, USA, and has additional offices in London, Chicago and Mumbai, India.
DIGITAL MUSIC MARKETING & E-COMMERCE DIRECTOR
The Digital Music Marketing & e-Commerce Director will support the team and help with marketing, digital and creative best practices for all artist campaigns international & domestic.
How you will CREATE:
- Oversee and develop a large roster of E-Commerce stores under the EX1 Music Group.
- Devising strategies that harness sales-related insights, prevailing standards, and novel developments to encourage sales in our online store.
- Executing new E-Commerce store development with the central team and meeting all required launch dates.
- Liaise with project manager and artist management to develop meaningful product offerings while staying on brand
- Define, plan, and execute digital marketing campaigns for a roster of artists.
- Lead the creation and utilization of all artist websites and social networks with updates, posts news, content, etc. Will also be involved in the development of artist’s websites, other digital and mobile protocols, including wireframing, user experience design and feature requisition.
- Contribute to the design and creation of the artist’s digital assets, including photo and video content.
- Heavy research of artist communities and word-of-mouth analysis (reading and analyzing blogs, other artist sites, etc.).
- Quantify the success and efficiency of digital promotions, paid media campaigns, e-Commerce efforts, social engagement and partnerships via various analytics tools.
- Manage relationships with top-level artists, managers, and other partners.
- Discover new sites and outlets to promote artists and maintain relationships with key sites and partners.
- Filter results of analysis and present it to the internal departments.
- Measure and analyze overall campaign performance and provide insights and key learnings to other departments.
- Track-specific milestones, including email, social and advertising conversion rates, plays and views, number of fans acquired, campaign spend and ROI against project goals.
- Drive direct to consumer revenue from recorded music sales, merchandise, ticketing, advertising, and subscription.
- Create and manage database marketing campaigns to find new fans and optimize conversions.
- Identify viral, digital word-of-mouth marketing opportunities with the goal of driving traffic, fan acquisition, and creating brand awareness for artists.
- Work with visual and art departments on digital content creation, optimization, and scheduling.
- Partner with internal departments (marketing, programming, production, press, research and program enterprises) to execute effective interactive strategies.
- Coordinating and collating all required store assets and new offers with relative project management team.
- Analyzing sales-related metrics to ensure product is arriving at our warehouse and orders are being fulfilled with the goal of meeting expected customer delivery timelines
- Collaborate with clients and vendors to ensure deadlines are met and all issues are effectively communicated and resolved
- Creating a calendar of promotional sales campaigns to drive store traffic and sales.
- Analyzing traffic and sales to measure the effectiveness of marketing strategies
- Develop a superior customer experience from pre to post-sale engagement with the goal of building a loyal customer base.
- Proactively identify project-related issues and facilitate problem resolution with appropriate parties
- Routinely provide updates about relevant trends and innovations in e-commerce
- Reporting weekly and monthly sales reports
Bring your VIBE:
- Must have 5+ years of experience in digital marketing & E-Commerce within the music industry, preferably at a major label.
- Strong analytical background and ability to create and update reports.
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams (strong project management, organization, and communication skills)
- Ambitious individual sought who is a self-starter requiring minimal direction.
- Excellent communication oral and written skills are a must. Candidate will be collaborating with presenting campaigns to and contextualizing results for a broad audience every week.
- Social strategy and paid media planning experience preferred.
- Must be proficient with using Excel, PowerPoint or Keynote, Photoshop, video editing software (Premiere or Final Cut), and comfortable with collaboration and asset management tools like Google Drive, Dropbox, Evernote, Basecamp and the like.
- Must thrive in a team environment but be able to take initiative and work independently.
- Candidate must have strong computer knowledge of various music applications and excellent knowledge of the Internet.
- Candidate must be motivated, creative, innovative, organized, detail-oriented and accustomed to working under tight deadlines.
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
Explorer 1 Music is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change
Send Resumes to: [email protected]