Our client is a contemporary music and entertainment company. They launched in January 2018 and have offices in Los Angeles, New York and Atlanta.
The team is primarily focused on the creation, production, recording, distribution and exploitation of recorded music and recording artist services.
The company has signed over 15 artists, including platinum-selling acts Big Boi (Outkast) and Dinah Jane (Fifth Harmony), as well as buzzing up-and-comers SAINT JHN and Yella Beezy.
Our client is looking for a Finance & Strategy Manager that can be seen as a thought partner and the “go to” for strategic / financial decisions. This person should be passionate about building the industry and building a career in the entertainment space. Key responsibilities include:
- Build complex dynamic Microsoft Excel models to perform business forecasting and to support management with artist & partner negotiations
- Prepare monthly rolling 12-month business forecast
- Conduct research and analyze operational trends to support internal business forecasts and projects
- Prepare executive presentations for management, investors and other key stake holders
- Drive competitive & market analysis, and perform strategic reviews aimed at understanding the evolution and growth areas of the music industry
- Evaluate potential acquisitions, investments, and other strategic growth opportunities
Qualifications and Candidate Background
- 2-5 years total work experience
- 2-3 years management consulting and strong strategic finance experience, banking and PE preferred
- Experience in and around media and entertainment industry
- Willing to roll up their sleeves, combined with a strong curiosity, and “never satisfied” attitude
- Adapt and learn new things quickly, solve expected and unexpected challenges, and adjust to changing priorities
- Ability to work with all different levels of people and navigate through ambiguity
- Prior experience working with record label or amateur musician is a nice to have
- Bachelors required; Top-tier MBA preferred
Minimal, up to 10%.
Beverly Hills, CA
This position will provide a competitive compensation package.
For more information, contact our Recruiting Coordinator:
- Aurora Suarez
- Alternatively, click here to apply.
Your information will not be shared with any outside parties without your prior consent.