The European Music Managers Alliance was formed in 2018 to provide a collective voice for managers.
We have recently run a very successful mentoring programme connecting managers across 10 European countries to build their knowledge and develop their artists businesses.
We have also engaged actively in the European streaming debate and are campaigning for a fairer, more transparent music industry.
To achieve our ambitions in 2021 we hope to hire an Executive Director, initially on a 6 month part time contract to help increase our visibility in European Policy debates and secure our ongoing funding. We hope that this will grow and develop into a full time role in the longer term.
EMMA actively welcomes applications from underrepresented groups and we comply with the European Charter for Fundamental Rights and does not discriminate based on “sex, race, colour, ethnic or social origin, genetic features, language, religion or belief, political or any other opinion, membership of a national minority, property, birth, disability, age or sexual orientation shall be prohibited” as well as upholding cultural, religious and linguistic diversity and “equality between women and men must be ensured in all areas, including employment, work and pay”.
The ED of EMMA will take on and develop the following activities in the organisation:
- On a strategic level, the ED
- Together with the Board, reviews the EMMA strategy and priorities. This plan includes an operational and communications plan.
- Develops a lobbying strategy and network on these priority topics.
- Develops the EMMA network with other (European) associations.
- Develops the EMMA network within Brussels, focussing on MEPs, members of the European Commission, other relevant policy makers and music industry reps (IFPI, IMPALA, ECSA etc).
- Leads the expansion of the membership of the association.
- Develops a sustainable financing strategy for the association, consisting of, amongst others, a sponsorship strategy, a funding strategy and third party financing.
- On an operational level, the ED
- Works 2 – 3 days per week and is the main contact point for the board, the members and external parties.
- Is the main driving force behind the organisation; in collaboration with the board and according to the strategic plan, the ED will lead on the day to day operations of the organisation and is responsible for pushing this forward.
- Together with the board, represents EMMA in media, conferences and other relevant opportunities.
- Shows a commitment to diversity and inclusion to support the wider management community across Europe.
- With the board’s input prepares the agenda and chairs the bi-weekly EMMA board meeting.
- Is supported by a freelance communications manager and a secretariat.
- The ED has some of the following skills/experience
- Some experience with running / operating in an international, multi member organisation.
- Background in advocacy, developing strategy and communicating publicly
- An insight or interest in the global music sector in general, and the European music sector specifically.
- Insight in and experience with European institutions and processes, or the willingness to acquire this.
- A network within the European music sector and its associations and representative bodies.
If you would like to apply for this position please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected] before 28.02.2021.
Would you like to have a discussion about this vacancy first? Please email us on [email protected] and we will come back to you asap.