Account Manager, Streaming Partnerships
At Epidemic Sound we are reinventing the music industry. Our carefully curated catalog, with over 30,000 tracks, is tailored for storytellers, streaming services, and in-store soundtracks. Countless clients around the world, from broadcasters, production companies, DSPs, and YouTubers rely on our tracks to help them tell their stories. Epidemic Sound’s music is heard in hundreds of millions of online videos daily, across millions of playlist streams, and in thousands of in-store locations.
Headquartered in Stockholm, we’re spread across offices in New York, Los Angeles, Toronto, Hamburg, Amsterdam, Madrid, and Sydney. We’re growing fast, have lots of fun, and are taking the music industry with us.
We are now looking for an Account Manager, Streaming Partnerships based out of our New York Office. This is a full-time position, reporting to the Streaming Partnerships Lead, based at our HQ in Stockholm.
Every day, tens of thousands new tracks are serviced to DSPs from rights holders all around the globe. We are looking for someone who understands how to effectively cut through that noise with DSPs and make them excited about working with our artists.
You will play an instrumental part in building artist careers on DSP’s through discovery and retail marketing. Via our vast network of content creators around the globe, our music is featured in 1.5 billion views daily across social media. As such, our artists have massive opportunities to build an audience across different platforms, and as our Account Manager, you will navigate and utilize all that activity on social media to fuel our artists success on DSP’s.
One of your main KPIs will be to generate sales and growth for your assigned accounts. In addition, you’ll also be managing both strategy and day-to-day relationships with the DSPs and be responsible for ensuring we have operational excellence within the team. You’ll pitch and promote our releases to DSP’s across the world! You’ll be working alongside our music editors, A&R, and our marketing team to maximize the exposure and impact of our releases. Together, you, our Streaming Partnerships Lead, and our Key Account Manager, will implement strategies and projects to grow across select streaming platforms.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Prepare pitch-material and updates of our releases for submission to digital music streaming platforms
- Drive strategy pitches, best practice and processes with retail accounts to ensure our repertoire receives maximum playlist promotion and exposure
- Influence the release schedule to ensure optimized pitching routines are established
- Create metrics and case studies around content performance and visibility, impact of marketing initiatives and retail response to music promotion
- Communicate streaming, playlisting and digital sales results throughout the organization
- Maintain strong knowledge of the streaming landscape and make sure to communicate information internally.
- Provide regular presentation updates on all relevant accounts, utilizing analytics and account marketing information
- Represent DSP opportunities at large. This could include editorial feature, playlisting, DSP inventory, overseeing content strategies, marketing support, reporting integration, ongoing analysis of partner/release performance, problem solving etc. (Help “move the ships along”)
- Be a strong user of data of relevant performance at Epidemic and implement strategies based on these insights
- Assist in all business, operations, and relationships with all assigned accounts to drive revenue and increase market share
- Open to travel (post-pandemic)
Who are you?
To thrive in this role, you will need a minimum of five years of music industry experience, preferably at a record label or digital music service within retail marketing and/or digital account management. You also have strong knowledge of leading digital music platforms and solid understanding of sales strategy and how it can be used to strengthen a retail marketing campaign. You’re also comfortable selling and can easily switch gears from account management to sales. We want you to have experience building and maintaining client relationships and have outstanding interpersonal skills. Your written & verbal communication skills in English are excellent.
It will be music to our ears if you are analytical, enthusiastic and results-oriented. You pay tremendous attention to detail and have strong organizational skills with the ability to initiate and drive improvements. You are great at prioritizing and work effectively under pressure, as well as maintaining a professional manner.