Working within Epic Records, responsible for devising best in class social media strategies for artists; the setting & achieving of campaign-specific objectives & KPIs; the coordination/creation and execution of regularly updated social media plans and the preparation of reports to inform key stakeholders & strategy moving forward.
The candidate will work closely with artists, artist management, label colleagues in Marketing, PR, A&R, etc., as well as external stakeholders and key partners – Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.
The ideal candidate will possess excellent verbal/written communication & copy-writing skills, have expert knowledge of social media, be highly creative and have a passion for the opportunities social media presents for artist and fan engagement.
- Devise and implement best in class, audience-led social media strategies, driving fan audience growth and ongoing engagement across platforms using insights, best practices and tapping into content trends
- Create innovative content strategies to maximise existing content, create content and propose original commissions
- Identify emerging content, tech and social trends and infuse artist campaigns with creative applications of new technology
- Determine and apply correct voice, content and branding for each artist, using agreed artist vision brief
- Amplify all elements of wider campaign – marketing, promo, etc. – across artist channels
- Establish and oversee approval processes with management/artist/within the label
- Use native platform analytics and a range of other platforms/tools to analyse audience-related and performance data, creating meaningful reports that can inform key stakeholders and the wider label
**Closing date for applications is 12pm, Wednesday 18th May 2016**
- Creation and curation of best in class content for artist channels
- In depth knowledge of best practices and guidelines across all social channels
- Excellent relationship-building and communication with artists, artist management, internal & external stakeholders
- Work with International digital & marketing teams to ensure global optimization of campaigns and artist strategy
- Work closely with the Sony CRM team to deliver artist database growth and CRM strategy
- Plan & deliver campaigns effectively, setting & reaching objectives & KPIs and producing regular campaign plans/updates, reports, presentations, etc.
- Draw upon analytical skills and knowledge of insight and social listening tools to report upon and present audience & campaign performance data
- Actively contribute to and participate in artist/label planning and creative meetings
- Work with manager and external contacts at social media platforms to deliver engaging artist campaigns & ideas
Core Channels include:
- YouTube / VEVO
- Spotify, Apple Music (Connect), Soundcloud & relevant music platforms
- Artist websites & associated CMS
Additional channels to be included as required.
There is an expectation to be well versed in working with a wide range of social media platforms and to be continuously on the lookout for emerging platforms, technology and opportunities.
- Proven experience of digital/social media management & marketing – in media, entertainment, brand or similar
- Awareness & understanding of evolving technology and ability to research and discover new opportunities
- Proven experience of devising and executing audience-led social strategies based on audience insight
- Educated to degree level or similar – a degree in marketing, or journalism considered a plus
- In-depth knowledge of best practice across all social channels and emerging platforms
- Superior understanding of consumer behaviour online
- Experience of paid social a plus
- Highly creative
- Passion for social media, online trends & technology
- Passion for copywriting
- Proactive project management & planning skills
- Strong reporting and analytics skills & ability to interpret and present data effectively
- Attention to detail
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to negotiate and influence at multiple levels
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment