At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Publishing at EPIC
What We Do
We deliver the most innovative gaming experiences possible to players across the world. Whether through community outreach, world-class events, or partnership integrations, the Epic Games Publishing and Marketing teams seek to surprise players with new experiences every time they drop in to play.
What You’ll Do
We are looking for a Product Director who can move as fast as our product teams. In this position, you’ll be asked to partner with cross-functional groups across the organization including Development, Product Management, Creative Services, User Experience and more. We are looking for individuals who are innovative, organized and have exceptional communication skills.
In This Role You Will
- Partner with the development and Store team to drive product integration of a new marketplace into Epic’s ecosystem and platform
- Be a key focal point in the alignment of strategy among multiple teams at Epic. Work tirelessly to ensure communication and focus against a singular common set of objectives
- Work with Store leadership, the development team and other functions that drive initiatives executing on a strategic plan focused initially in increasing user growth and engagement globally that will evolve into the creation of entirely new business and product initiatives
- Develop and present opportunities to drive increased user growth, engagement, and monetization to senior leadership.
- Work with stakeholders to drive and develop strategies to improve creator and content marketplaces for creators and consumers alike
- Model expected outcomes for key initiatives to help us better estimate impact and adjust planning going forward
- Product/Analytics/Marketing meetings, and leverage findings to drive actionable changes
What We’re Looking For
- Passion for platform and marketplace technologies
- 8+ years of product management or related experience.
- 5+ experience working on e-commerce, music services or creator marketplaces. Experience and success expanding e-commerce products’ globally is a plus.
- Experience building and leading a team of product managers, working with cross-functional and cross-product area partners and working across product areas.
- You possess a bias towards action and experience creating, executing and delivering against a product roadmap and driving business impact.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. Proven ability to structure analysis and find answers to business questions via hands-on exploration of data.
- Exceptional customer sensibility and empathy, with expertise creating product/feature specs with clear business justification, technical requirements, user flows, and wire-frames
- Past experience with structured, hypothesis-driven product iteration, rigorous metrics analysis, consumer insights, and design experimentation
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills, with experience communicating both creative and technical feedback to a diverse group of stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or equivalent practical experience, advanced degrees a plus
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay for 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. We offer coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, AD&D and Life Insurance, 401k, and profit-sharing.
All Epic employees can enjoy drinks, snacks, and lunches every day, free of charge in studios – and we offer plenty of annual celebrations for employees and family members to show the love for our people. Additionally, each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical – we think our people are pretty awesome!
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 3,000+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.