eOne Music Publishing is an emerging music publishing company with assets including
- The Chuck Berry catalog in North America and the Death Row Publishing catalog.
- A joint venture publishing deal with Grammy winning songwriters, Stereotypes.
- An active writer/producer roster that includes Vinny X (Kodak Black), Tre Mission (AJ Tracy, Chip) and RaCharm (Justin Bieber, Bruno Mars).
- Direct access to a comprehensive sync licensing team and sister company operations in film and television production and distribution.
The music publishing company is part of eOne Music which includes world class labels Dualtone Music Group and Last Gang; artist management firms; music distribution; and publishing. These music properties are part of Entertainment One Ltd. (LSE:ETO), the global independent entertainment company operating businesses in film, television, music, family programming, merchandising and licensing, digital content and live entertainment. For more information about the family of companies visit entertainmentone.com.
The Director A&R will shape the creative direction and raise the profile of the publishing business at eOne. The successful hire will identify, sign and develop songwriters, writer/producers, and writer/artists across popular genres including pop, urban, hip hop and R&B. The Director A&R will be connected and trusted among artists, writers and producers and their managers, and will be effective at securing co-writes, collaborations, cuts, covers and other uses of compositions by eOne Music Publishing writers.
- Seek out and sign songwriters with world-class talent and strong commercial potential.
- Work directly with signed songwriters to help them refine their work.
- Pitch the talents of signed writers to producers, artists and others looking for the greatest songs in the world.
- Coordinate with eOne’s synch department to ensure our published songs are primed for placement in various film and TV projects as well as commercials and video games where appropriate.
- Coordinate with eOne’s publishing administration department to ensure that all our writer’s information is properly catalogued for tracking and collection.
- Interface with eOne’s record label division to explore opportunities for our songwriters to collaborate with eOne recording artists looking for great songs.
- Conduct business in a way that makes eOne Music Publishing a sought after partner for producers, artists and labels, and the publishing home of choice for the best emerging writers.
- Relationships and access to the songwriter community in the urban/pop world.
- Experience working with songwriters, artists and music producers to take songwriters to “the next level.”
- Hands-on comfort level in managing all steps of the A&R process.
- Strong connections and reputation in the music industry that can be leveraged for the benefit of our songwriters.
- Track record of relevant credits in popular music as an A&R, manager or creative director for successful writers and artists.
- A creative professional who is genuinely collaborative, hard-working, high integrity and reliable.
Entertainment One is an equal opportunity employer committed to supporting diversity and inclusion within its work environment.
To express interest or to recommend a qualified candidate please contact the exclusive recruiter for this role, Entergain, at Careers@EnterGain.com.
Please include “eOne Dir A&R” in the subject line.