Endemol Shine Group are looking to hire a Rights & Royalties Executive to join the central Music & Secondary Rights Team.
Reporting to the Group Director, Music & Secondary Rights, the successful candidate will be responsible for the day to day management and administration of Endemol Shine Group’s global catalogue of Music rights (music publishing, sound recordings, neighboring rights etc) and Audio-visual Secondary Rights (cable re transmission fees, blank tape levies, private copy etc).
The role incorporates hands on management of ongoing copyright registration and royalty processes and systems, liaising with local teams, collective management organizations and collection partners globally.The Rights & Royalties Executive will also be responsible also for preparing and delivering regular internal revenue allocations as well as working closely with the Group Director, M+SR on tracking, forecasting, strategic planning and royalty systems innovation.
This is an exciting opportunity to become a key member of a dynamic, ambitious and fun team in one of the world’s leading production companies.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated, focused self-starter with a rigorous attention to detail and technical know-how, who can bring a flexible and considered approach to a challenging and fast-paced environment.
- Oversee timely and accurate copyright registration process with sub-publishers and collecting societies
- Processing and analysis of incoming royalties from all sources (including preparing/consolidating data from diverse sources for ingestion into internal systems)
- Maintain & oversee ongoing development / implementation and innocation of bespoke internal copyright and royalty systems
- Prepare regular internal revenue allocations and statements for internal accounting
- Oversee key copyright/royalty tracking process – including ongoing collection and processing of agreements, TX data and music cue sheets
- Work closely with group finance to align team processes efficiently with internal company accounting requirements.
- Manage Composer accounting and third-party pay-aways (including Soundtrack and Master Licensing participations)
- Manage secondary rights conflict claims procedure and resolution
- Prepare and update revenue reports and analysis to support short & long range forecasting and direct departmental planning.
- Work closely with Group Director to evaluate and evolve M+SR strategy.
Experience, Skills and Qualification:
- 3+ years of experience working in the Music Publishing or Audio-Visual Secondary Rights industry
- Strong understanding of Music and Audio-Visual copyright, registration and royalty processes.
- Familiarity with the core workings of global collective management organisations (eg PRS, PPL, AGICOA etc)
- Understanding of the role played by Music sub-publishers, third party administrators and collection agents in respect of music and audio-visual secondary rights.
- Highly comfortable using, learning and innovating technical solutions to aid in efficient management of ongoing administrative tasks and large data sources.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, Access, Powerpoint)
- Understanding of technical aspects of databases and royalty systems.
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Adaptable and unphased by shifting priorities and fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills
- Team player with the confidence and humility to share openly, collaborate with and learn from colleagues
- Self-starter with hunger to learn, grow and continually drive the team and company’s goals
About the Company:
Endemol Shine Group is a global content creator, producer and distributor with a portfolio of international hits including Big Brother, Black Mirror, Deal or No Deal, Humans, Hunted, MasterChef, Mr. Bean, The Biggest Loser, The Island, Spelling Star, Your Face Sounds Familiar and many more. Endemol Shine Group’s businesses have creative operations in over 30 markets, with a diverse portfolio of over 600 revenue generating formats across scripted and non-scripted genres, alongside digital, gaming, and distribution operations.