William Morris Endeavor Entertainment seeks a highly motivated commercial lawyer to join its Music Business and Legal Affairs department, based in central London.
You will work closely with and report to senior counsel in London, as well as the Worldwide Head of Music Business and Legal Affairs, as part of the global Music Business and Legal Affairs team working across offices in London, New York, Nashville, Los Angeles, and Sydney.
Primary responsibilities include structuring, reviewing, and negotiating a wide range of deals in touring and live performance for A-list artists. This is a high-volume practice supporting a large group of agents who operate within tight timeframes. This individual will also be responsible for supporting existing executives, developing operational efficiencies, and ensuring best practices within the business unit.
- Act as an innovative business partner with, and provide strategic support and guidance to, WME’s music agents, the Worldwide Head of Music Business Affairs, and senior legal colleagues.
- Review and negotiate agreements for artist touring operations globally including, but not limited to, long term touring agreements, festival performances, private/corporate engagements, and confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements.
- Implement and refine new systems designed to optimize efficiency, compliance, and corporate and legal initiatives.
- Foster positive long-term relationships with the company’s clients and customers.
- Draft legal letters to support the enforcement of clients’ intellectual property and contractual rights.
- Assist in the legal training and development of other staff members.
- Qualified lawyer with minimum 2 years’ PQE gained in a corporate, commercial or media private practice environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Must be able to interact with a range of personalities and styles in a fast-paced business environment. This includes explaining complex concepts to clients and colleagues without legal knowledge.
- Must be able to prioritize a heavy workload with tight timelines.
- Detail oriented, big picture thinking, and cool under pressure.
- A curious mind, self-motivation, a strong work ethic, and a pragmatic approach to problem solving.
- Must be able to maintain a professional demeanor in all instances, especially when interacting with clients.