Sr. Director or Director, Strategy and Data Analytics
Empire Distribution Inc. is a premier and dynamic music company that prides itself on the development and support of independent artists. We are a rapidly growing firm that has been making waves in the music industry, with an extensive portfolio that spans multiple genres and reaches audiences worldwide.
We have become the largest independent record label in the U.S., with a significant global presence covering Africa, Asia, Europe, Australia, and North and South America. We keep ourselves busy with a large range of music-related services from original content and marketing to distribution and recordings.
Our commitment to artistic creativity, innovation, and progressive business solutions forms the foundation of our corporate culture. We believe in fostering talent, not just in our artists but also within our professional teams.
As we continue to expand, we invite you to join us on this exciting journey.
EMPIRE is looking for an experienced Sr. Director OR Director of Strategy and Data Analytics to join our growing international team. This role will report into the Chief Business Officer and will work closely with our executive team to build and lead a data analytics team to help guide key business decisions and inform long-term strategies.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Building and leading a world class data analytics team to support the EMPIRE portfolio across music label, distribution, and publishing business units.
- Developing a vision and roadmap for enhancing existing analytics platforms and building new analytics capabilities.
- Analyzing highly complex / large scale data and translating into clear, actionable insights for the executive team.
- Delivering effective presentations of findings to executive team and cross-functional leaders, creating high impact visuals of quantitative information. Present your insights with a focus on the “why” and the “what”
- Collaborate with cross functional teams including product, finance, marketing, legal, and commerce to build functional capabilities and reporting.
- Developing and automating reports, iteratively building and prototyping dashboards to provide insights.
- Collaborating with cross-functional partners to understand their business needs
- Completing end-to-end analysis that includes data gathering, analysis, and ongoing communications
- 7+ years of professional experience including in the media, music, direct-to-consumer, and / or entertainment industry
- 7+ years of experience in consumer insights / market research
- Experience building a 0 to 1 data analytics team
- Experience building 0 to 1 internal data collection processes, dashboards, and systems
- Demonstrated success in leveraging data and insights to inform business decisions and achieve broad buy-in of strategic initiatives.
- Background in leveraging multiple streams of consumer research, including 1st, 2nd, and 3rd party data (e.g. NPower, Gracenote, comScore, MRI, Google Search, Antenna, Parrot and/or other sources), to establish 360-degree customer analysis.
- Strategic thinker with a proactive and positive attitude with a strong work ethic
- Proven ability leading project-based teams and deal-making
- Prior M&A and corporate development experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree. Advanced degree preferred.
- Based in San Francisco, CA, or willing to relocate.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Health insurance, vision, and dental
- Life Insurance, short-term disability, and long-term disability insurance is provided at no cost to you
- Paid Holidays and paid time off
- Company 401k plan
- Commuter, parking and cell phone allowance
At Empire Distribution Inc., we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you are passionate about the music industry, and looking for a challenging role in a fast-paced, innovative environment, apply today. We look forward to hearing from you.