EMPIRE is a premier and dynamic music company that prides itself on the development and support of independent artists. We are a rapidly growing firm that has been making waves in the music industry, with an extensive portfolio that spans multiple genres and reaches audiences worldwide. We have become the largest independent record label in the U.S., with a significant global presence covering Africa, Asia, Europe, Australia, and North and South America. We keep ourselves busy with a large range of music-related services, from original content and marketing to distribution and recordings.
Our commitment to artistic creativity, innovation, and progressive business solutions forms the foundation of our corporate culture. We believe in fostering talent, not just in our artists but also within our professional teams. As we continue to expand, we invite you to join us on this exciting journey.
The Role Remix
EMPIRE is looking for a Publishing Administrator to join our downtown San Francisco office. This role will report to the VP of Operations-Publishing and will have diverse opportunities and multiple touch points within the publishing department, from Works registration to Client Management.
- Catalog Research and Management:
- Research and collect song metadata
- Assist the publishing team with the new catalog onboarding process, PRO, and CMO schedule of works research.
- Setup songs in the internal database; assist in managing the song catalog database
- Assist with the catalog review process and accurately edit song data as needed.
- Client Management and client day to day project
- Manage database and upload audio files to DISCO, which will aid the publishing and sync teams to successfully pitch songs for placement opportunities
- Provide overall administrative and research support as needed
- Assist with song split confirmation requests
- Responsible for monthly/quarterly reports
Key Notes for Success
- An understanding of music publishing and recording administration is preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office/Google with special emphasis on Excel and Drive
- Data administration experience with extreme attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills are preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Open-minded with a willingness to learn
- Strong ability to work independently as well as collaborate with a team
- Bachelor’s Degree or similar skills and experience
- Must be based in the San Francisco Bay Area [or willing to relocate]
Pay Range: $65,000 – $85,000/annual salary + benefits + discretionary bonus + profit sharing program]]
The base pay offered will take into account internal equity and may also vary depending on the market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience, among other factors. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment.
If you are passionate about the music industry and looking for a challenging role in a fast-paced, innovative environment, apply today. We look forward to hearing from you.
At EMPIRE, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We use E-Verify to confirm the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires.
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Company Paid Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Company Paid Health Savings Account (HSA) Contribution
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Paid Time Off (Holidays, Vacation, and Sick)
- Company 401(k) Plan
- Wellness Resources
- Commuter Allowance
- Cell Phone Allowance
About EMPIRE: Founded in 2010 by Bay Area native Ghazi, EMPIRE is currently leading through its innovative and progressive approach to the digital music era across its label, distribution, and publishing arms.
With its focus on early-stage artist development, the San Francisco-based company has been instrumental in identifying future icons and launching the careers of both Multi-platinum and Grammy Award-winning artists such as Kendrick Lamar, Fireboy DML, Yung Bleu, Migos, Asake, XXXtentacion, and Anderson .Paak to name a few
After this early success, EMPIRE was quickly regarded as a tastemaker in the industry and a premier independent record label.
More than a decade in, EMPIRE continues to grow – expanding the Publishing division with a partnership with superproducer Hit-Boy and his Surf Club collective and acquiring Dirtybird Records in 2022 to amplify the Dance arm.
EMPIRE has expanded its team throughout the globe on the African continent, Europe, Asia, North America, and South America. With the company and roster excelling at a breakneck pace, EMPIRE has effectively disrupted a stale business model by bringing its energy, expertise, and acumen to its artists and labels.
Through crafting bespoke deals that are always in favor of the artist, EMPIRE is able to form a true partnership with each artist and label on its roster. Coupled with their unique software for analytics, recoupment, and royalties, which is available to every partner, the company offers a level of transparency unprecedented in the music industry.