DSP Relations & Marketing Strategy Manager – Dance
EMPIRE is an independent label, born and grown out of the Bay Area. We have grown to become the largest independent record label in the U.S., with a significant global presence covering Africa, Asia, Europe, Australia and North and South America. We keep ourselves busy with a large range of music-related services from original content and marketing, to distributions and recordings.
This position will be integral to the Dance division release planning workflows, communication, reporting and growth strategies for key licensed streaming partners. The role will manage engagement both internally and externally to ensure the partnerships are performance optimized and focused on driving revenue.
What you’ll be doing
- Represent the Digital Commerce team across Dance music in the broader DSP market.
- Communicate important sales related information and analytics to the rest of the global digital commerce team
- Create, aggressively pitch, secure opportunities and exceed sales targets by communicating with and engaging partner relationships
- Optimize processes and strategies to enhance content performance, troubleshooting day-to-day issues on key commercial platforms
- Identify acts or upcoming artists that could benefit from being signed to EMPIRE.
- Implement strategies in developing acts, furthering their marketing tactics and helping them grow their audience.
- Identify strategic remixes through the EMPIRE catalog and develop relationships with other labels.
- Engage with label teams to identify opportunities, build highly competitive plans and release timelines aimed at leveraging key marketing components and/or deliverables.
- Communicate partner platform priorities, strategies and programs internally and to artist management
- Share insight, analysis and recommendations with managers & artists to prioritize activations around past hits and catalog promotion.
- Collaborate with label stakeholders to help focus the partners on products and features that are most meaningful to the business/artist.
- Oversee weekly pitch forms for various DSPs and make sure submissions are ahead of schedule.
- Communicate with the Product Marketing team to ensure artist profiles are regularly updated across various platforms (Apple/Spotify/Pandora/YouTube, etc.)
- Drive results in a fast-paced, resource-conscious environment with a creative style and a strong vision.
- 3-5 years experience dealing with commercial platforms as well as content and repertoire owners
- You have experience pitching to DSPs and have existing editorial relationships
- You have a good ear and Impeccable taste.
- You have the ability to interpret performance data and analytics and exceptional verbal and written communication skills are a MUST
- You understand the importance of confidentiality and discretion
- You love music and are savvy to ongoing trends in streaming & the music industry
- A “no job too small” attitude
- You’re not afraid to ask questions and learn as you work
- Be a team player, open to feedback and strong communication.
- Ambitious AF