EMPIRE is an independent label, born and grown out of the Bay Area. We have grown to become the largest independent record label in the U.S., with a significant global presence covering Africa, Asia, Europe, Australia and North and South America. We keep ourselves busy with a large range of music-related services from original content and marketing, to distributions and recordings.
EMPIRE is looking for a multi faceted Distribution Manager to support the Label Operations team. The ideal candidate will be an extremely detail-oriented person, who can handle the duties listed below as well as anything thrown their way.
- Deliver audio and video content to digital services in coordination with the US, UK, African, and MENA teams at EMPIRE.
- Liaise with the digital production and content team to ensure all projects are scheduled correctly within our content management system.
- Provide a metadata service for EMPIRE’s labels. The team manages repertoire setup, research, completion and approval tasks for both frontline and catalogue releases
- Handle all release requirements for all catalogue digital initiatives and retailer exclusives
- Ensure quality control on data entered into the system
- Perform production-based customer service for EMPIRE labels and label managers
- Ensure all releases are scheduled accordingly
- Asset trafficking and approvals between content providers and internal parties
- Process product requests from labels
- Provide outstanding customer service to EMPIRE label partners
- Previous Distribution/Operations Management experience, having a proven track record of delivering audio/video content successfully within the music industry
- Ability to coordinate with an international team based in San Francisco
- Familiar with XML and metadata formatting for music services
- Database and Excel experience
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, multi-task and be highly flexible in order to juggle priorities and meet all deadlines
- Previous experience working with various genres of music, working knowledge of various audio formats
- Quick and accurate resolution of data issues is critical to the success of this role
- A detailed understanding of metadata requirements and related issues across all product types, media and genres, with an expertise in Apple, Spotify, and all major services.
- Strong interpretative skills – able to translate customer’s requests into tasks that will solve the underlying issue
- Familiarity with rights management
- Experience in quickly understanding new information systems and processes
- Highly skilled in cross team functionality and communication
- Ability to work closely with other team members while, at the same time, taking responsibility for and initiative over personal workload
- 3+ years of music business experience
- Self-motivated,problem-solver mentality
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Strong passion for and knowledge of music
- Highly analytical and detail oriente
- Ability to multitask and prioritize in a project deadline environment
- Comfortable working with large volumes of data
- Exceptional communication skills – able to deal with varying personalities and levels
- Highly-organized, meticulous about follow-up, deadline oriented, resourceful and innovative
BONUS POINTS IF….
- Bonus points for familiarity with content ID and Youtube CMS
- Expertise in video delivery
If you think you’re the right candidate – Email firstname.lastname@example.org and include:
- Your resume
- A few sentences about yourself or your career goals.
- The top 3 artists you have been listening to lately