Employer: emPawa Africa
Location: Accra, Lagos, London, Remote
Closes: 25 November 2022
Start date: Immediately
Job Title: Streaming Manager
Industry Sector: Music/Tech Industry
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time
Our Vision and Mission
emPawa Africa is a music label services platform that partners with independent African artists and labels in creating, promoting and funding their art to the world whilst maintaining their economic and creative freedom.
We are looking for a Streaming Manager. As a member of the Empawa Africa team, this person will play a vital role by working with key streaming partners to further support our release campaigns. Responsibilities include relationships with key streaming platforms, editorial playlisting, reporting, DSP strategy and planning with our DSP partners, artists and team.
This position is an unique opportunity to help lead our efforts in an ever-evolving, critical space and work across the roster, and opportunities for Empawa Africa and its partners. The ideal candidate is highly strategic, resourceful, creative, entrepreneurial, and collaborative.
This is a very exciting position for someone who is looking to grow with the company and be a part of revolutionising the music business and having a role to play in pioneering music from Africa across the globe.
Experience is really key, especially with music, startup ecosystem.
Duties to include but not limited to
- Cultivating and strengthening relationships with key editorial, marketing and label relations teams across all DSPs including Amazon, Deezer, TIDAL, Pandora & YouTube Music.
- Secure partnerships and opportunities for Empawa’s artists at DSPs
- Develop and implement playlisting and DSP strategies that ultimately maximise revenue, market share and opportunities for Empawa’s artists.
- Pitching Empawa’s artists both digitally and face to face with DSP contacts
- Work with analytics for strategy building using tools such as Amazon Music For Artists, Deezer backstage, Chartmetric, and others
- Prepare streaming reports and key-results for key campaigns
- Representing Empawa Africa at partner meetings
- Work across all key global campaigns at Empawa Africa
The ideal candidate will have / be
- 5+ years work experience in music and digital content, a creative agency, brand and artists marketing, and/or a social media platform
- Understand the current editorial ecosystem in the streaming industry
- Extensive experience working directly with artists and their teams while producing results and constructive lines of communication
- Passionate about music and knowledge of current and future trends in music and culture
- You have an ability to work well under pressure, with proven experience working on complex, international large scale, time critical projects
- You are results-oriented, upbeat, and focused, with a strong passion to learn and succeed.
- You have a strong ability to communicate via excellent copy-writing, presentation and creative skills while confidently calling out issues and solutions
- You possess strong analytical abilities, the ability see the big picture and synthesise goals and plans within varying levels of ambiguity
- Must have key contact/relationships across the DSP landscape
- The drive to take initiative, work independently and be accountable while also working as a great teammate who is collaborative, positive and flexible
- Flexible and versatile in nature, and with the ability to take on challenges while maintaining and even keep a sense of humour.
- An impeccable ability to build and maintain many relationships across the industry, with a ‘partner first’ mindset
- Deep understanding of emerging and established streaming platforms
- Excellent communication skills, with experience of building and maintaining internal and external relationships
- Must be able to accept changes readily, both in job responsibilities, as well as in the work environment, and have the ability to be flexible in adapting to re-prioritized tasks
- Self-starter with strong organisational skills and attention to detail with ability to set and consistently meet deadlines
- Strong proficiency in Google Suite, particularly Google Sheets