Senior Digital Marketing Manager
Employer: emPawa Africa
Closes: 25 November 2022
Start date: Immediately
Job Title: Senior Digital Marketing Manager
Industry Sector: Music/Tech Industry
Contract: Type Permanent
Hours: Full Time
Our Vision and Mission
emPawa Africa is a music label services platform that partners with independent African artists and labels in creating, promoting and funding their art to the world whilst maintaining their economic and creative freedom.
We are looking for a Senior Digital Marketing Manager to lead the digital team. You will be responsible for creating, monitoring & optimising paid advertising campaigns, designing and executing social media marketing strategies, Google & SEO strategies, and accelerating engagement goals to serve both the artists we represent and our fans on Album & Single Campaigns etc.
This role requires someone who has a solid experience and excellent understanding of being a forefront of marketing and digital strategy for a diverse roster of artists. This role serves as a quarterback to drive projects alongside the artist and their manager. The Senior Digital Marketing Manager is fueled by creativity, innovation, organisation and excellent problem-solving skills abilities.
This is a very exciting position for someone who is looking to grow with the company and be a part of revolutionising the music business and having a role to play in pioneering music from Africa across the globe. Experience is really key, especially with music, startup ecosystem.
Duties to include but not limited to
- Lead the newly created digital marketing and influencer team to deliver innovative and creative digital marketing campaigns
- Work closely with artists to help develop their online presence and positioning, including providing the artists with best practice advice.
- Implement strategies to help increase social reach, and be well versed in all social media platforms
- Be able to think creatively and outside the box in terms of digital and marketing ideas
- Have a strong understanding of social stats and analytics in order to implement the strongest digital strategy.
- Be able to advise on the best streaming strategies for artists, and have good relationships with the key streaming partners.
- Help execute marketing for Empawa and Artists socials;
- Execute and manage paid social media campaigns on Google, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Twitter and various other outlets;
- Work with third party brand partners where necessary to cover off digital requirements of artists
- Keep up to date with digital trends, new tech, and key artist campaigns
- Monitoring of DSP support, territory performance and advising on campaign execution and initiatives
- Drive and secure editorial and marketing support across multiple markets and DSPs
- Identify and deliver on bespoke partner opportunities and initiatives
- Analysing and planning in order to maximise campaign impact and drive sales
The ideal candidate will have / be
- Solid related experience with a demonstrably strong grasp of key DSP platforms and international markets.
- Excellent relationship and communication skills are essential – both in person and in writing. The ability to provide clear, concise information, advice and recommendations is key.
- Able to work in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Thorough understanding of comprehensive digital and content marketing, including strategy, set up, execution, analysis, implications of campaigns.
- Music-specific marketing experience, planning and implementing campaign rollouts.
- Strong music industry network, particularly across digital/social verticals.
- Ability to generate original and forward-thinking ideas around content creation, narratives, artist positioning, release roadmap and cadence.
- Understands industry landscape on both a granular and comprehensive level in order to adapt marketing approach for each artist and campaign, accordingly.
- Positive approach demonstrating gravitas and integrity
- Strong organisational and prioritisation (time management) skills.
- Thorough understanding of owned, earned, paid media.