Employer: Empawa Africa
Location: London or Accra
Closes: 23 Jan 2022
Start date: Immediately
Job Title: Head of Global Marketing
Industry Sector: Music/Tech Industry
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time
Our Vision and Mission
emPawa Africa is a music label services platform that works with upcoming African Artists helping them grow across Africa and beyond by equipping them with the knowledge and funding to do so.go
emPawa Africa is the brainchild of African Superstar – Mr Eazi and is home to incredible artists such as Joeboy, Nandy, DJ Neptune and Namenj
Global Marketing is one of the company’s most dynamic departments, and is a service that artists value the most after distribution. We are looking for a forward-thinking music professional with analytical and insight, experience who can lead this department.
You’ll be responsible for the planning and execution of our priority artist marketing plans, engaging new audiences across key marketing channels & partnerships to drive fan growth as well as retain and engage existing audiences.
You will be asked to lead on certain projects, ensuring a collaborative and fully integrated plan that is delivered on time and to budget.
This is a very exciting position for someone who is looking to grow with the company and be a part of revolutionising the music business and having a role to play in pioneering music from Africa across the globe.
Experience is really key, especially with afrobeat or U.K. urban music.
The Global Marketing responsibilities break down into three core areas:
- Innovation: Redefine best practice in global marketing, whether it be experimenting with new formats and technologies, or reworking old practices. This also includes setting up processes in place to ensure clear communication between the teams and the artists for a seamless campaign.
- Prioritisation: Partnering with third parties and local markets to utilise a specified budget to break emPawa’s artists in every market worldwide.
- Education: Partner with internal teams to ensure highest possible proficiency in marketing across our company
Duties to include but not limited to:
- You’ll be the primary relationship holder for a roster of artists and label partners, creating and delivering campaigns for their releases.
- To plan & execute best-in-class marketing campaigns for Empawa’s artists.
- To develop pioneering campaigns that use storytelling to culturally connect with new fans & super fans alike and that grow artist’s online and offline presence
- Across pre-agreed projects and budgets, lead the project to ensure the delivery of a collaborative and fully integrated plan. Responsibilities include helping the group define key objectives and strategies, producing project updates, leading key meetings and once approved ensuring the project is delivered on time and to budget.
- Manage relationships with independent PR & promotions agencies to elevate our artist’s profile across Press, TV & Radio
- Create strategic alignment with cross-functional teams including A&R and Label Services ensuring that effective marketing activity is fully integrated in the overall plan.
- Continuously monitoring all Empawa’s Assets channels accounts to capitalise on industry trends via growth strategies – including website and social media.
- Working with internal stakeholders to develop and execute DSP opportunities for our artists
- Develop and manage digital marketing budgets and campaigns that drive conversion and sales for each release using analytics, insights, industry, trends, professional experience, and best practices.
- Optimise the music videos released on our YouTube channel to grow subscriber’s base.
- Working with our third parties to develop advertising plans across TV, OOH, Radio & Digital including influencer marketing for Tier 1 campaigns.
The ideal candidate will be…
- Passionate about music from the African continent
- A versatile marketer with a leading brand or agency that has played a role in shaping culture
- A great communicator with strong influencing skills & experience conveying creative ideas & plans to internal & external stakeholders.
- A deep knowledge of audiences – including demographics, behaviours, and media habits.
- A proven track record leading the development and execution of fully integrated marketing campaigns.
- Comfortable in a fast-moving, constantly evolving environment and you have the maturity to bring stability to challenging situation
- Comfortable developing brand strategies using both quantitative and qualitative insights.
- Motivated by long-term vision and strategy and ensure all campaign activity aligns.
- A solid understanding of social media platforms, particularly when it comes to growing an engaged audience
- 5+ years artist marketing experience in a label environment.
- A strong network of connections in the industry and wider music community.
- Lateral experience in music, marketing or promotional roles that sets you apart from the competition.
- The ability to work under pressure and time constraints
- Organisation skills with the ability to prioritise across multiple projects
If you feel excited by the idea of becoming a member of our family, we would love to hear from you! Please apply by submitting your CV, cover letter.
Please make it personal, we receive hundreds of copy/ pasted applications! 😊