emPawa Africa is a music label services platform that partners with independent African artists and labels in creating, promoting and funding their art to the world whilst maintaining their economic and creative freedom.
emPawa Africa is the brainchild of African Superstar – Mr Eazi and is home to incredible artists such as Joeboy, Nandy, DJ Neptune and Namenj.
The creative department is one of the company’s most critical departments, and it is responsible for leading the creative direction of the organisation as well as ensuring an efficient process for all the content that goes out across all channels. We are looking for a forward-thinking creative lead with robust skills and experience to support the current needs of this department and manage the creative direction of the organisation.
You will be responsible for graphics design and digital assets creation for the organisation. You will also be responsible for the still images and motion graphics alongside video content creation.
This is a very exciting position for someone who is looking to grow with the company and be a part of revolutionising the music business and having a role to play in pioneering music from Africa across the globe.
Experience is really key, especially with afrobeat or U.K. urban music.
Duties to include but not limited to:
- Understand and interpret design briefs from internal and external stakeholders.
- Lead and take charge of the organisation’s creative direction.
- Develop and lead branding, promotional and marketing campaigns.
- Lead content creation for live events, shows and tours, including the production and post-production activities of emPawa exclusive programmes.
- Responsible for the continuous growth of the organisation’s YouTube channel and the channel’s content management.
- Create and design artworks from scratch for singles, EPs and albums.
- Create lyric videos, visualizers and animated content for required songs and other works as required.
- Design presentation decks for various departments of the organisation and external stakeholders where need be.
- Work closely with the social media and communications team to create and design required static and video assets.
- Involvement in non-music content creation with content creators and/or artists.
The ideal candidate will have/be…
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 2-3 years of experience in a creative position – graphics design, creative arts and/or digital content creation as well as experience in content programming and content development..
- A robust portfolio of past works and creations – graphics, still images, videos and animated content.
- Proficient in design tools and software – Premiere Pro, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop.
- Reliable and meet deadlines without compromising on quality.
- Passionate about music from the African continent.
- A great communicator with strong influencing skills & experience conveying creative ideas & plans to internal & external stakeholders.
- Comfortable in a fast-moving, constantly evolving environment and you have the maturity to bring stability to challenging situations.
- The ability to work under pressure and time constraints.
- Organisational skills with the ability to prioritise across multiple projects
If you feel excited by the idea of becoming a member of our family, we would love to hear from you! Please apply by submitting your CV, cover letter.
Please make it personal, we receive hundreds of copy/pasted applications!