Employer: Empawa Africa
Location: London or Accra
Closes: 23 Jan 2022
Start date: Immediately
Job Title: Bookings & Touring Manager
Industry Sector: Music/Tech Industry
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time
Our Vision and Mission
emPawa Africa is a music label services platform that works with upcoming African Artists helping them grow across Africa and beyond by equipping them with the knowledge and funding to do so.
emPawa Africa is the brainchild of African Superstar – Mr Eazi and is home to incredible artists such as Joeboy, Nandy, DJ Neptune and Namenj.
A bookings & Touring Manager to work exclusively for internationally acclaimed Empawa Africa artists within a wider Music team. This role requires a close one-on-one relationship with artists.
We are looking for a candidate who has exceptional organisation skills and is used to managing logistics. This person will be able to work well in a close knit team and be able to communicate and liaise with clients, artists and managers on all levels.
The role is very admin heavy, therefore the applicant is expected to have exceptional time management skills, quick prioritisation in a fast paced environment.
Experience is really key, especially with afrobeat or U.K. urban music.
Duties to include but not limited to:
- Assisting in managing the artists business and some aspects of personal life – ensuring all needs are being met
- Extensive travel throughout the world, in some cases acting as Tour Manager (depending on the event/requirement)
- Helping to seek out and securing creative and commercial opportunities for the artist
- Diary coordination, logistics and contracts for live performance, endorsements, campaigns, album releases, recording and promo schedules, working closely with record labels and agents
- Acting as a key contact and effectively liaising with event organisers, live agents, charities, publishers, PR agencies,
- Digital Media agencies & other various external parties
- Chasing signed contracts and dealing with requested amendments.
- Checking invoices thoroughly to make sure facts and figures match what is required by contract.
- Planning intensive travel routings and ensuring that the necessary travel arrangements have been made.
- Completely overseeing and planning of each show booked by the agent from point of confirmation to show completion.
- Creating Certificates of Sponsorship and assisting with work permits as necessary
- Working with finance to ensure payment has been received from the promoter before the artist performs.
The ideal candidate will have…
- Demonstrable skills in the following areas – Day to Day Artist Management, Tour Management and Private PA
- An understanding of release set up and campaign roll out
- Experience of touring including routing and scheduling
- An enthusiastic outlook; considerate, tolerant, attentive, have experience of working with high profile individuals
- Exceptional people skills and substantial attention to detail
- High negotiability skills.
- Availability to travel both in the UK and Internationally at short notice and occasionally for longer periods
- In addition to the usual hours you will be required to take calls and respond to emails outside of office hours so flexibility is key
- Ability to multitask and prioritise efficiently
If you feel excited by the idea of becoming a member of our family, we would love to hear from you! Please apply by submitting your CV, cover letter.
Please make it personal, we receive hundreds of copy/ pasted applications! 😊