The Executive Director would be responsible for leading the organization in an expansive phase, including supporting the organization’s Chair in the advocacy efforts and overseeing the implementation of a project funded by Creative Europe, which is the core of the organization’s activities.
The role will oversee the organization’s staff and work to strengthen EMMA’s relationships with other music industry organizations. The role oversees the organization’s finances and reports to the board through its Executive Committee.
The work will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Act as the main point of contact for the board and the members
- Together with the Executive Committee, define and review EMMA’s strategy and priorities
- Develop and maintain a sustainable financing strategy for EMMA, including securing public sector and private funds
- Manage EMMA’s finances, defining and monitoring budget with responsibility for all financial and accounting aspects such as invoice management, contacts with accounting partners, etc
- Together with the Chair, oversee the staffing of the organization
- Lead the day-to-day operations of the organization
- Work with the Chair to develop the organization’s lobbying and advocacy strategy, including networking activities on behalf of EMMA’s priority topics
- In partnership with the Chair, contribute to developing EMMA’s network within EU’s institutions and to the work of developing position papers and other relevant advocacy activities
- Develop and maintain EMMA’s relationships with organizations for music managers outside Europe
- Lead and oversee communication strategy for the organization
- Together with the Chair, represent EMMA in the media, at conferences, and at other relevant opportunities
- With the board’s input, prepare the agenda and chair meetings of the Executive Committee (monthly), as well as prepare the agenda for board meetings (quarterly), including meeting minutes
- In partnership with the Chair, develop and maintain EMMA’s relationships with European music industry organizations
- In partnership with the Chair, lead the expansion of the membership of the association.
- Support the Program Manager for EMMA’s Creative Europe project in issues requiring escalation and serve as a ‘sounding board’, when necessary
- In partnership with the Chair lead the process of developing EMMA’s strategies, which will be based on the Board’s priorities, the EMMpower objectives, and EMMA’s research
- Implement EMMA’s lobbying and advocacy strategy
- Develop the organization’s network in Brussels, focusing on all relevant policy makers and stakeholders
- Support the Chair in developing and maintaining EMMA’s relationships with relevant music industry organizations
- Work with the Communication Lead to develop and implement the internal and external communication strategy on behalf of EMMA’s advocacy work, including developing communication materials, press releases and lobbying tools
- Be responsible for stakeholder mapping
- Support the Program Manager in the reporting process to Creative Europe
- Be available to travel to Brussels as needed.
The Executive Director reports to EMMA’s board, and work closely with the Chair. The board meets quarterly, and the Executive Committee meets monthly.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Experience and understanding of the music management/music industry, preferably with a network within the European music sector and its associations and representative bodies
- Experience in developing funding strategy is a plus
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Experience with running / operating in an international industry organization or similar
- Experience in developing advocacy and/or public affairs strategies on an EU and/or national level, with Insight into European institutions and processes
- Must have excellent proficiency in written and spoken business English.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Independent contractor
- Long-term contract, after 6 months trial period
- Part time position, 75%
- Fee: €4700 monthly
- Start: August, 2023 (negotiable)
- Location: remote
- Primary language of the organization and the role: English.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis; please submit applications to email@example.com.