East City Management is looking for a full time day to day manager to join the team in the London office, looking after a portion of the roster.
Details of duties
Day to day management of all aspects of the artists’ careers, including working alongside the manager to devise a range of different strategies with the team and overseeing the implementation of those strategies while acting as key liaison between all teams, including labels, publishers, PRs, radio pluggers, lawyers, accountants, live agents, tour managers and more.
- Arranging writing sessions, studio time and rehearsal schedules
- Managing aspects of asset creation making sure projects are finished within budget and timelines; accompanying artists on all shoots
- Working together with the team on release set up
- Actioning the campaign roll out alongside the label and wider team
- Managing diaries of global artists who have complex schedules, including recording, promo and touring
- Communicating daily with the artists to ensure they are informed and included in any necessary approvals
- Liaising with agents regarding touring schedules and show announcements
- Creating tour budgets worldwide and managing of touring personnel such as tour manager, crew and musicians as well as organising the necessary visas, guestlist requirements etc.
- Standing in as a tour manager when necessary, booking travel and accommodation as well as advancing shows
- Assisting with artist merchandise, working with the artist, manager and merch partner on design, production and distribution
- Liaising with the various promo teams to approve requests and create promo schedules as well as overseeing all promo on the day
- Overseeing social media and working together with the digital teams to create assets and schedules
- Fulfilling a label-minded role for our artists who work with label services
- Working together with the artist accountants to ensure all invoices are paid
- Consulting the manager on issues that fall outside your role and maintaining a dialogue with them about what is happening day to day
Skills and experience required:
- Two+ years in artist management
Must have a proven track record of being an assertive, proactive problem solver with an ability to project lead while remaining collaborative with a large team of people who have differing priorities. The role will require a candidate who is organised, pays attention to detail and can handle prioritising many tasks as they come in. We are also looking for someone with a passion for music, a high level of drive and enthusiasm as well as a sociable personality.
Must be able to provide a high quality service to our clients while also maintaining a positive relationship with them and considers the job to be an intrinsic part of their life as they will need to be available while the artists and other members of the team are present in different cities around the world.