We seek an accomplished music industry expert to contribute leadership and management skills and a passion for teaching and mentorship to one of the nation’s leading Music Industry Programs.
Located in the heart of Philadelphia, PA, Drexel University’s Music Industry Program is in high demand from prospective students. We feature state of the art music production and classroom facilities, a dynamic and ambitious student body, and a well-respected faculty that has terrific industry experience.
The program admits about 72 freshmen each year with half specializing in the study of the business of the music industry and the other half focusing on music recording and production. The Music Industry program is housed in the Westphal College of Media Arts & Design, and includes the MAD Dragon Music Group, a collection of faculty-led, student run enterprises that has built a reputation for innovative and award-winning releases.
The successful candidate will be well-versed in this rapidly changing industry and will bring in-depth expertise related to the creation/production, marketing or distribution of live and/or recorded music. You will be expected to teach two or three courses during each of our fall, winter and spring quarters.
As Associate Program Director, you will be expected to contribute substantial service working with the Program Director on recruitment, curricular development, student advising, alumni outreach, course scheduling and participating in the management of the MAD Dragon Music Group.
- Demonstrable depth, breadth and working knowledge of the current global music industry.
- Prior teaching experience at the college or university level.
- At least 5 years of experience on the business side (marketing, publishing, manager, label, etc.) of the music industry.
- M.B.A. or Masters Degree in a related discipline.
- Ability to administer/manage an academic program.
- Ability to administer/manage an academic program strongly desired.
- Teach undergraduate courses in Music Industry business.
- Mentor students in their Senior Projects, which are capstone projects encompassing a nine-month span from planning to completion.
- Serve as Assistant Program Director of the Music Industry Program.
- Continue to develop music industry professional connections useful for the Music Industry Program.
- Maintain involvement in appropriate professional organizations and a continued professional research/creative agenda.
- Contribute to curriculum development and service to the program.
- Supplemental Posting Information
- The position commences September 1, 2018.
- Review of applications begins immediately and continues until the position is filled.
- All applications must be submitted though DrexelJobs.com
- Applications must include a cover letter, a CV or resume and the completed online application form.
About Westphal College:
Westphal College is a NASAD accredited institution that offers seventeen award-winning undergraduate and seven graduate degree programs. Our innovative approach to teaching challenging creative fields emphasizes learning in small studio settings under the tutelage of over one hundred and thirty full-time faculty who are noted artists, scholars, researchers and industry professionals. The Westphal College has more than two thousand students and is one of the largest of Drexel’s fourteen schools and colleges.
Drexel is located in the heart of Philadelphia, a vibrant city with a rich cultural history and the only UNESCO World Heritage city in the nation.