Established in 2007, Downtown Music Publishing is one of the world’s leading rights-management firms with offices in major music markets around the globe, including New York, Nashville, Los Angeles, London, Amsterdam, Tokyo, Paris, and Sydney.
The company’s catalog spans over a hundred years of popular music, encompassing some of the world’s most beloved songwriters and artists including The Beatles, John Lennon & Yoko Ono, Ryan Tedder, Benny Blanco, Hans Zimmer, The Kinks, One Direction, Mötley Crüe, Robin Thicke, Naughty Boy, Phish, Hardwell, Jason Isbell, Sturgill Simpson and Santigold.. Downtown Music Publishing is wholly owned by Downtown & Company, which also owns New York-based Downtown Music Studios and SongtrustR, the world’s largest technology platform for songwriting and music publishing royalties, which powers global royalty collection from over 120 territories and more than 20,000 unique income sources worldwide.
Downtown is looking for a Talent Acquisition and Retention Manager to collaborate with our leadership team to find the future leaders of our company.
You will assist with performance management and designing a framework that delivers recruiting solutions and support the overall continued growth of our organization. Assist with the recruiting experience from job spec creation, through acceptance of offer and onboarding and engage and inspire our current staff.
What you will do:
- Administer the employment function, which includes recruiting and screening of applicants, facilitating the use of any temporary employment agencies and managing the job posting system for internal/external candidates in accordance with company and legal guidelines
- Design and refine job description templates to ensure they are updated frequently
- Coordinate the selection & hiring process. Provide feedback and recommendation to leaders regarding candidate profiles
- Use knowledge and experience operating and searching various external recruiting programs (indeed, LinkedIn, ZipRecruiter, Angellist, Vettery, Hired.com) to manage and search for candidates
- Collaborate with colleagues to develop and implement a compelling Songtrust and Downtown Music Publishing employer brand that showcases our culture and mission, and that attracts diverse, experienced, and capable talent for all of our teams
- Assist in promoting the company’s people strategy, helping to create a unique people experience for each individual
- Track and measure recruiting metrics to pinpoint improvement opportunities
- Manage relationships with external agencies
- Design best practices for collaborating with the People team and cross functionally to support our overall talent strategy.
- Be responsible for finalizing offer the process, inclusive of reference checks, background screens and compensation requirements; create offer letters and manage the acceptance and turndowns of all candidates
- Assist with performance management administration and various HR systems
Who you are:
- Someone with 3-5 years of Recruiting experience; in a technology company or startup a bonus
- Someone who has previously implementation a structured interview process. You understanding the modern applicant tracking systems(ATS) such as Lever or Greenhouse or other systems
- Savvy with LinkedIn Recruiter (e.g., boolean searches) and other recruiting programs
- Able to source passive candidates while engaging with inbound applicants
- Able to self manage and take direction
- Looking to be part of a fast growing start up and passionate about finding talent
- Someone who likes networking and is enjoys attending meet-ups and career fairs
Why you want to work here:
- Competitive Salary and benefits
- Fun, laid back atmosphere with like minded people who are full of passion
- Free Citibike membership and discounts with health clubs
- Health Care, 401K Matching, generous PTO and Volunteer Hours
- Occasional tickets and performances in our SoHo office/Studio