Established in 2007, Downtown Music Publishing is one of the world’s leading rights-management firms with offices in major music markets around the globe, including New York, Nashville, Los Angeles, London, Amsterdam, Tokyo, Paris, and Sydney.
The company’s catalog spans over a hundred years of popular music, encompassing some of the world’s most beloved songwriters and artists including The Beatles, John Lennon & Yoko Ono, Ryan Tedder, Benny Blanco, Hans Zimmer, The Kinks, One Direction, Mötley Crüe, Robin Thicke, Naughty Boy, Phish, Hardwell, Jason Isbell, Sturgill Simpson, Santigold, Carla Bruni, and Social Distortion.
Downtown Music Publishing is wholly owned by Downtown & Company, which also owns New York-based Downtown Music Studios and SongtrustR, the world’s largest technology platform for songwriting and music publishing royalties, which powers global royalty collection from over 120 territories and more than 20,000 unique income sources worldwide.
Our Business Development and Finance team is seeking a Director, Corporate Development to join our New York office.
You will lead the analysis of Downtown’s M&A transactions from start to finish including strategic and music catalog acquisitions, investments and joint ventures.
This person will report directly to the SVP, Business Development as well as to the CFO and will work closely with senior management.
As our Director, Corporate Development, you will be the primary point of contact for senior management, providing insight needed to make smart and profitable decisions.
If you thrive in a fast-paced and agile environment and have a strong interest in the music industry, this role will be perfect for you.
What will you be doing?
- Lead all execution and financial aspects of Downtown’s strategic and music catalog acquisitions, investments and joint ventures, including forecasting, valuation analyses, diligence investigations, structuring and negotiations
- Develop tools and methodologies for forecasting future royalty flows
- Work closely with outside accountants and financial advisors
- Present analyses and conclusions to s enior management
- 5+ years leading and/or assisting in executing M&A transactions either in a corporate development role, as a consultant, at an accounting or private equity firm, or at an investment bank
- Music publishing experience preferred, including experience in analyzing publishing transactions (acquisitions, co-publishing and administrative in nature), hands-on knowledge of how music royalties are collected and distributed globally
- Strong finance, tax and accounting knowledge
- Strong project management skills, ability to manage multiple projects, and experience in leading deal teams
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Ability to process and distill large amounts of data into useful analyses
Why you want to work here:
- The chance to work in our amazing loft office in SoHo, NYC
- Ample opportunities to work collaboratively with a fantastic team
- Rich benefit program, Life Insurance, 401k
- Career growth opportunities
- Free CitiBike Membership
- Volunteer Hours
- Invitations from partners and clients to attend shows / events
- Regular happy hours, speaker series in our conference space