Established in 2007, Downtown Music Publishing is one of the world’s leading rights-management firms with offices in major music markets around the globe, including New York, Nashville, Los Angeles, London, Amsterdam, Tokyo, Paris, and Sydney.
The company’s catalog spans over a hundred years of popular music, encompassing some of the world’s most beloved songwriters and artists including The Beatles, John Lennon & Yoko Ono, Ryan Tedder, Benny Blanco, Hans Zimmer, The Kinks, One Direction, Mötley Crüe, Robin Thicke, Naughty Boy, Phish, Hardwell, Jason Isbell, Sturgill Simpson and Santigold..
Downtown Music Publishing is wholly owned by Downtown & Company, which also owns New York-based Downtown Music Studios and SongtrustR, the world’s largest technology platform for songwriting and music publishing royalties, which powers global royalty collection from over 120 territories and more than 20,000 unique income sources worldwide.
Our growing Business Affairs department is seeking a dynamic and organized individual to assist the Business Affairs team in our New York office. This role will report directly to our General Counsel and VP of Business Affairs and will help to ensure the efficient day-to-day operation of the Business Affairs department.
What you will be doing?
- Providing general administrative and legal support to General Counsel and Business Affairs team, including scheduling meetings and conference calls, coordinating travel, answering phones, maintaining contacts, internet research and other duties as needed and directed
- Drafting correspondence and documents
- Keeping minutes for conference calls and meetings
- Ability to handle confidential matters with a high level of discretion
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 1-2 years experience as an administrative or executive assistant (music company or law firm preferred, but not required)
- Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Professional demeanor, writing and phone skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Docs/Drive and legal word processing procedures and typing skills
- Passion for music and eagerness to learn about music rights management
Why you want to work here:
- The chance to work in our amazing loft office in SoHo, NYC
- Ample opportunities to work collaboratively with a fantastic team
- Rich benefit program, Life Insurance, 401k
- Career growth opportunities
- Free CitiBike Membership
- Volunteer Hours
- Invitations from partners and clients to attend shows / events
- Regular happy hours, speaker series in our conference space