Established in 2007, Downtown Music Publishing is one of the world’s leading rights-management firms with offices in major music markets around the globe, including New York, Nashville, Los Angeles, London, Amsterdam, Tokyo, Paris, and Sydney.
The company’s catalog spans over a hundred years of popular music, encompassing some of the world’s most beloved songwriters and artists including The Beatles, John Lennon & Yoko Ono, Ryan Tedder, Benny Blanco, Hans Zimmer, The Kinks, One Direction, Mötley Crüe, Robin Thicke, Naughty Boy, Phish, Hardwell, Jason Isbell, Sturgill Simpson and Santigold.. Downtown Music Publishing is wholly owned by Downtown & Company, which also owns New York-based Downtown Music Studios and Songtrust, the world’s largest technology platform for songwriting and music publishing royalties, which powers global royalty collection from over 120 territories and more than 20,000 unique income sources worldwide.
Downtown is seeking an Accounting Coordinator to join our team in its beautiful Nashville office. Our ideal candidate possesses a degree in accounting or a related major, thrives in a fast-paced and agile organization, and has a strong interest in the music industry.
What you will be doing?
- Own our cash disbursement and accounts payable accounting operation, including:
- Daily reconciliation of cash balances
- Processing invoices and securing needed approvals for payment
- Ensuring our vendors are paid on a timely basis
- Reviewing and reconciling monthly employee expense reports and credit card transactions
- Acting as a liaison to our vendors and customers who have billing inquiries
- Process daily cash receipts
- Process weekly and monthly Accounts Receivable billing
- Work closely with our NY-based Finance team
- Various Ad Hoc projects
- A degree in Accounting or related area of study
- 3+ years bookkeeping experience, including managing an accounts payable function
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills, and a big plus if you have skills with Excel macros, Power Query, Power Pivot, or Power BI
- Numerically obsessed, highly meticulous, and organized
- Accountable and take ownership of projects you undertake
- Analytical and curious — you ask a lot of questions
- Ability to communicate financial information in a clear, professional manner
- Experience in music royalties or other media royalties-based businesses a plus
Why you want to work here:
- The chance to work in our amazing office in The Gulch
- Ample opportunities to work collaboratively with a fantastic team
- Rich benefit program, Life Insurance, 401k
- Career growth opportunities
- Volunteer Hours
- Invitations from partners and clients to attend shows / events
- Regular happy hours, speaker series in our conference space
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Downtown’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and encourage all to apply.