Downtown Music Holdings (Downtown℠) is the leading global music services company. We help millions of creators, rights holders and their partners to manage their music as a business and get paid fairly for their work. We service more than 23 million music assets from more than 145 countries across six continents, including some of the world’s most well-known songs, from a catalog that spans 100 years of popular music, including music for film and television, and the single largest independent sound recording catalog in the industry. Our integrated platforms help democratize global music rights management and simplify the distribution, monetization, and promotion of creative works. Working with creators at every stage of their career, from emerging songwriters to iconic performers, our business model drives equity across the entire global music industry supply chain.
Downtown Music Holdings is looking for a Data Privacy Program Manager to join our team to lead and implement a global data privacy program across our global portfolio of businesses. This position can be located in either Amsterdam, Netherlands or New York, NY.
What you’ll do:
- Work with Downtown’s corporate Legal Counsel to develop an enterprise data privacy program and compliance operations under applicable privacy regulations
- Oversee the implementation of OneTrust as Downtown’s enterprise privacy management platform
- Serve as group Data Privacy Officer where applicable.
- Coordinate with operating company management, information, communications and technological (ICT) leads and other stakeholders to map data throughout the enterprise
- Document where privacy data exists and their movements into, out of, and between systems, operating companies, territories
- Support data and/or technical initiatives within the organization that prioritize privacy considerations and compliance
- Design and oversee how operating companies fulfill data subject requests (DSAR)
- Ensure compliance with internal privacy policies and assist with the implementation of new data protection and privacy laws and regulations
- Support the creation and maintenance of inter-company data processing agreements
- Audit our privacy program and conduct periodic privacy vulnerability, compliance and maturity assessments of the group and its vendors.
- Own, manage and monitor our privacy objectives and key results (OKRs)
- Scale our privacy program globally
- Review and update existing (internal/external) privacy policies and disclosures
- Create and conduct periodic privacy trainings across the company on a regular cadence
- Conduct educational sessions for colleagues across the organization regarding applicable laws and regulations.
- Stay current on evolving data usage and privacy laws and best practices.
- Work with outside data privacy counsel.
- Review, draft, and maintain contracts with vendors, clients, intra-group affiliates, and others vis-a-vis data usage and privacy requirements.
You are / have:
- 4+ years of privacy program management experience
- Experience working in an organization with international footprint in multiple legislations and varying data compliance regulations
- Experience working on global privacy and data security issues
- General knowledge of GDPR, CCPA, and ideally LGPD, POPIA as well
- Able to communicate effectively with stakeholders across the company on complex, multifaceted issues (legal, technical, operational)
- Detail-oriented, business-friendly, and a team player, with an ability to think creatively and accommodate tight deadlines and business objectives
- Passionate about privacy and a gatekeeper of our privacy principles
- Strong work ethic and able to work independently and collaboratively with partners
- Law degree or experience as a Data Privacy Officer or privacy professional.
- Certifications in data protection is a plus (e.g., CIPP/US, CIPP/E, CIPM)
- Experience implementing OneTrust or similar data management systems
Why you want to work here:
- Ample opportunities to work collaboratively across our various brands and subsidiaries
- Work in a collaborative environment full of mission driven, innovative, and passionate people
- Be part of an open, welcoming, and inclusive culture
- Rich benefit program for both US and Amsterdam based candidates
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Downtown’s values. We welcome and encourage all applicants of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply.