Downtown Music Holdings (Downtown℠) is the leading global music services company. We help millions of creators, rights holders and their partners to manage their music as a business and get paid fairly for their work. We service more than 23 million music assets from more than 145 countries across six continents, including some of the world’s most well-known songs, from a catalog that spans 100 years of popular music, including music for film and television, and the single largest independent sound recording catalog in the industry. Our integrated platforms help democratize global music rights management and simplify the distribution, monetization, and promotion of creative works. Working with creators at every stage of their career, from emerging songwriters to iconic performers, our business model drives equity across the entire global music industry supply chain.
Downtown Music Holdings is looking for an experienced Analyst to join the Revenue Team in determining the financial impact of proposed and existing licensing deals, providing insights, doing forecasts, as well as various types of analysis that would help shape strategic planning. This role will report directly to the Chief Revenue Officer, and will also assist in supporting the licensing teams of the various Downtown Music Holdings subsidiaries.
This position is available to someone who based locally in New York, Los Angeles, Portland, OR, London, or Amsterdam.
What you’ll do:
- Build and maintain financial models based on proposed or existing deal terms to support valuation, forecasting, planning and negotiations.
- Create and maintain cross-company reporting deliverables and dashboards based on agreed KPIs.
- Evaluate deal performance by analyzing actual results and tracking against plans and forecasts.
- Serve as Project Manager for cross-company strategic analysis initiatives.
- Analyze past results, perform variance analysis and identify relevant and interesting insights and trends within existing digital royalty data that can be used for various purposes across the business.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of DSP product offerings, market conditions, and industry trends.
- Build reports, dashboards and compelling presentations to communicate data and metrics
You are / have:
- Love music and data!
- 3+ years of work experience within the music industry specifically in analyzing complex deal structures and revenue streams for streaming services licenses.
- Proficiency in financial and data modeling techniques.
- Strong analytical competency in providing insights from very large, complex and disparate datasets.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and are comfortable sharing insights and speaking to executives.
- Prior experience in market research, data mining, business intelligence, and valuation analysis.
- Successfully integrated internal and external data sources to provide actionable insights for decision support.
- Proficient use Microsoft Excel formulas and functions to a very high degree; and have familiarity with data query/data management tools (e.g. Access, SQL, Business Objects, Tableau, SalesForce).
- Comprehensive grasp very complicated structures, concepts and ideas, and successfully use this knowledge in practice.
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity.
- Work independently and collaboratively across multiple teams
- Strong interpersonal skills and have a proactive and curios mindset that thinks laterally and creatively.
Why you want to work here:
- Ample opportunities to work collaboratively across our various brands and subsidiaries
- Work in a collaborative environment full of mission driven, innovative, and passionate people
- Be part of an open, welcoming, and inclusive culture
- Rich benefit program (Medical, Dental, Vision), Life Insurance, 401k (with match)
- Free CitiBike Membership (NYC Only)
- Paid Volunteer Hours
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Downtown’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and encourage all to apply.