Downtown Music Holdings (Downtown℠) is the leading global music services company.
We help millions of creators, rights holders and their partners to manage their music as a business and get paid fairly for their work. We service more than 23 million music assets from more than 145 countries across six continents, including some of the world’s most well-known songs, from a catalog that spans 100 years of popular music, including music for film and television, and the single largest independent sound recording catalog in the industry. Our integrated platforms help democratize global music rights management and simplify the distribution, monetization, and promotion of creative works. Working with creators at every stage of their career, from emerging songwriters to iconic performers, our business model drives equity across the entire global music industry supply chain.
Downtown is seeking a Financial Reporting Manager to join our team. This role will focus on financial reporting and consolidation accounting for Downtown’s group of operating companies. This role will report into the Director of Financial Reporting for Downtown, but will also work closely with the Controllers and senior management members at each portfolio business. The ideal candidate possesses a CPA or equivalent accreditation, has 4+ years’ experience mixed between public accounting and private industry, and thrives in a fast-paced and agile organization. This position will be based in New York, NY.
What you’ll do:
- Hold the Heads of Finance for each portfolio business accountable for producing timely and accurate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial information (i.e. trial balances, income statements, balance sheets, and cash flows)
- Own the process of aggregating the results and KPIs of individual businesses into consolidating financial packages for reporting back to management.
- Perform analytics on the financial statements of the portfolio businesses and work with respective Heads of Finance to ensure accuracy, completeness, and understand drivers of underlying performance.
- Act as a resource for the Heads of Finance for each business to advise on any technical accounting matters that arise, and align policies across the organization
- Perform ad hoc financial analyses when requested by either senior management of portfolio businesses or the DMH Director of Financial Reporting
- Execute the monthly management KPI reporting process, including budget-to-actual analysis and explanations of variances
- Perform and maintain the inter-company reconciliation process
- Assist in the roll out of our financial reporting tool and any other future EPM systems
You are / have:
- Possess a degree in Accounting or related area of study
- Possess a CPA or equivalent accreditation
- 4+ years’ experience, with at least 2 years in public accounting in a financial statement audit capacity, as well as private industry experience in a financial reporting function.
- Experience with multi-national consolidations is a big plus
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel – pivot tables, sum ifs, and index/matches are second nature for you
- A big plus if you have skills with implementation of new systems such as consolidation or analytics tool (i.e. Jet, OneStream, Blackline)
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP
- Numerically obsessed, highly meticulous, and organized to allow for polished final deliverables free from any errors
- Accountable and take ownership of projects you undertake
- Analytical and curious — you ask a lot of questions
- Ability to communicate financial information in a clear, professional manner
Why you want to work here:
- Ample opportunities to work collaboratively across our various brands and subsidiaries
- Work in a collaborative environment full of mission driven, innovative, and passionate people
- Be part of an open, welcoming, and inclusive culture
- Rich benefit program (Medical, Dental, Vision), Life Insurance, 401k (with match)
- Free CitiBike Membership (NYC Only)
- Paid Volunteer Hours
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Downtown’s values. We welcome and encourage all applicants of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply.