Title: Content Operations Associate
Location: US, Remote
Downtown Music is a modern global music company committed to building a more equitable music industry. As the preferred partner for some of the world’s most beloved songwriters, storied music catalogs, and emerging artists at the forefront of pop culture, we offer bespoke distribution, publishing administration, creative marketing and finance solutions to entrepreneurial creators and their partners. Downtown Music is owned and operated by Downtown Music Holdings.
Downtown Music Artist & Label Services is looking for a Content Operations Associate to join our team and support digital operations in the day-to-day distribution and management of the Downtown Music Artist & Label Services’ catalog.
This role will act as a key liaison between client managers and digital service providers, assisting in the ingestion and distribution of sound recording assets. The right candidate is an enthusiastic self-starter who has strong attention to detail and is able to manage multiple projects.
Artist & Label Services has two office locations, Hollywood and Palms, Ca (near Culver City), with a hybrid policy of some work-from-home and some in-office time. This position is also open to fully remote candidates.
What you’ll do
- Work with our Content Operations and Client Management teams to ingest new content into our system for select clients
- Ensure all assets are delivered correctly and deadlines are met
- Handle bulk uploads and operational relationships with select production libraries
- Assist with business requests related to artist mappings and profile updates
- Be able to download files, create metadata spreadsheets, and do quality control checks
- Track priority releases and specific pre-release requests
- Monitor and troubleshoot issues with products at digital stores
- Assist with management of DSP-specific tasks
- Contribute to departmental documentation and cross-training
- Various Excel projects and other data projects as needed
- Assist in training of interns, new client managers and new content ops colleagues
- Additional responsibilities may be discussed during interview process
You are / have
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required
- At least 2-4 years’ experience in a Digital Music Operations, Digital Supply Chain or Technical Account Management role at a Digital Distributor, Record Label, or Digital Service Provider
- Working knowledge of metadata standards in a digital distribution context
- Strong understanding of DSP style guides and CMS systems
- Should be extremely organized and have a working knowledge of all genres of music
- Must be attentive to detail and good with metadata creation and review
- Self-motivated, highly detail-oriented and organized
- Must work well in a small, close-knit team
- Strong attention to detail, particularly in terms of content creation and quality control
- Able to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to convey information effectively
- Excellent MS Office Skills — Proficient in Excel and Google Sheets
- Spanish fluency preferred, but not required
- Proficient in FTP – familiar with workflows involving retrieving and uploading files
- Photoshop skills preferred
- YouTube CMS experience strongly preferred
- Publishing experience preferred, but not required
- Strong sense of accountability, willing to take responsibility
- Able to thrive in a time sensitive, high pressure environment
- Ability to learn quickly, adapt to new technologies and be self-directed
- Must love music and understand artist mentality
Why you want to work here
- Ample opportunities to work with leaders and employees across multiple Downtown brands
- Work in a collaborative environment full of mission driven, innovative, and passionate people
- Be part of an open, welcoming, and inclusive culture
- Rich benefit program (Medical, Dental, Vision), Life Insurance, 401k (with match)
- Paid Volunteer Hours
Downtown provides base salary ranges for all positions located in the United States at the time of posting. The hiring range for this position is $42,000-$48,000 annually.
As a candidate for this position, your salary and related elements of compensation will be contingent upon various factors including, but not limited to, work experience, geographic location and relevant skills.
Downtown is committed to providing a comprehensive market-competitive total rewards program for its employees which includes medical, dental, and vision, life insurance, 401(k) match and generous paid time off. This range does not include any other variable compensation components.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Downtown’s values. We welcome and encourage all applicants of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply.