Title: Director, A&R (Nashville)
at Downtown Music
Downtown Music Services is a modern global music company committed to building a more equitable music industry. As the preferred partner for some of the world’s most beloved songwriters, storied music catalogs, and emerging artists at the forefront of pop culture, we offer bespoke distribution, publishing administration, creative marketing and finance solutions to entrepreneurial creators and their partners. Downtown Music Services is owned and operated by Downtown Music Holdings.
Downtown Music Services is looking for a highly motivated and experienced senior A&R professional to join our team in Nashville focused primarily on the Country, Rock, and Pop genres for our Artist & Label Services distribution business. This position will be responsible for identifying, signing, and developing new talent, as well as working with established artists to bring their projects to fruition, and driving broader business development opportunities for the company. This position requires a strong understanding of the regional landscape and an existing network, as well as the ability to spot and cultivate new talent, and a proven track record in A&R and/or business development within the music industry.
What you’ll do
- Identify and evaluate artists and labels as potential clients of our global distribution business
- Responsible for lead generation via existing contacts, networking and prospecting
- Develop and manage relationships with artists, managers, attorneys and industry professionals
- Collaborate with other A&R staff and department heads to develop and execute release strategies
- Represent and champion Downtown Music Services in the region, including within personal network as well as at local conferences and events
- Review and provide feedback on potential releases
- Keep abreast of current industry trends and emerging artists
- Drive business development opportunities for the company
You are / have
- Minimum of 5 years of experience within the Nashville music industry, with a proven ability to develop and grow strategic relationships
- Strong understanding of the music industry and current trends, particularly within the local Nashville market
- Proven ability to identify and develop new talent
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Willingness to work flexible hours
- Strong passion for music and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be based in Nashville, Tennessee
Why you want to work here
- Ample opportunities to work with leaders and employees across multiple Downtown brands
- Work in a collaborative environment full of mission driven, innovative, and passionate people
- Be part of an open, welcoming, and inclusive culture
- Rich benefit program (Medical, Dental, Vision), Life Insurance, 401k (with match)
- Paid Volunteer Hours
Downtown provides base salary ranges for all positions located in the United States at the time of posting. The hiring range for this position is $90,000 – $100,000 annually. As a candidate for this position, your salary and related elements of compensation will be contingent upon various factors including, but not limited to, work experience, geographic location and relevant skills.
Downtown is committed to providing a comprehensive market-competitive total rewards program for its employees which includes medical, dental, and vision, life insurance, 401(k) match and generous paid time off. This range does not include any other variable compensation components.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Downtown’s values. We welcome and encourage all applicants of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply.