Domino Publishing Company is seeking a full time Licensing/Copyright Assistant based in our Brooklyn, NY office. This position reports to the Sr. Licensing Director. We are seeking an individual who has great interpersonal skills, is a self-starter, and has the ability to work in an open group environment. The Licensing/Copyright Assistant position is responsible for performing rights, mechanical, new media, and synchronization licensing. The position requires strong organizational and communication skills; the ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment; strong musical knowledge, and an awareness of the ever-changing music marketplace. At least two years of professional experience. Experience in the music business is preferred.
- Synchronization Licenses
- Issue Synchronization Licenses and invoices in a timely fashion.
- Follow-up with Licensee’s, to ensure that licenses are executed and returned in a timely manner, and that the accordant invoices have been paid.
- Utilizing Domino’s existing license templates, expected to update / draft, and keep track of all synchronization licensing for US and Canada.
- Liaise with Business Affairs and prospective licensees with regards to requests for amendments to Domino’s license templates.
- Logging and keeping detailed records of all US & Canada based synchronization licenses in Domino’s database.
- Creating or reviewing our existing templates with Sr. Licensing Director and/or Business Affairs.
- Sending cue sheets to Performing Rights Organization’s in a timely manner.
- Sending media buy schedule (via Competitrack / Numerator Ad Intel) to PROs
Mechanical / New Media Licenses:
- Responsible for issuing and tracking mechanical licenses in the US and Canada in coordination with Licensing Director
- Checking and claiming unmatched titles for MLC and MRI; and occasionally via HFA
- Potential to assist with broadcast, web licenses and other types of agreements, per business needs.
- Assisting PRO and Mechanical / Digital Licensing Agencies (MLC, HFA, MRI, etc.) issues (i.e. claims, counter-claims/resolving conflicts, occasional manual registration, etc.)
- Assisting Domino Publishing Co. and Recording Co. with copyright registrations to US Copyright Office, as assigned.
- Will periodically be expected to support other members of Domino’s Licensing Dept, and the GM- North America, as needed.
- Other administrative duties
- Special projects as assigned
- Minimum of 2 – 3 years’ experience in Licensing and/or Administration in Music Publishing or related industry
- Basic knowledge of music publishing and licensing (synchronization, mechanical, print, arrangement, performance, etc.) are must
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team as well as with other departments/clients
- Ability to work well under pressure and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Fluent in MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Experience with Music Maestro and YouTube CMS is a plus
Domino Publishing Company is a publishing company (2006) that shares ownership and offices with the highly respected Domino Recording Company. We are currently the worldwide publisher or administrative for a diverse roster of writers and publishers, (roster found at our website). We are a fast-growing company, and this is a tremendous opportunity for an individual who has great organizational skills, is a self-starter, and has the ability to work in an open and creative environment.