Domino Publishing Company is seeking a full-time Creative Assistant. We are seeking an individual who has great interpersonal skills, is a self-starter, and has the ability to work in an open group environment. The Creative Assistant’s primary focus is assisting the Creative Synch Department, and the GM-North America.
This person will also be expected to answer phones, schedule meetings, scan documents, order supplies, and other light administrative duties. In addition, the Creative Assistant will liaise with the Assets Manager (A&R) to coordinate the ingestion of audio recordings/compositions into Domino’s digital delivery service. This will involve uploading music assets, as well as organizing metadata to suit the Creative Synch Department’s needs. This position reports to the Senior Director – Creative Synch and GM – North America.
Marketing / Creative Support (upon direction of our Creative Department)
- Manage extensive database of Film, TV, Advertising & Video Game company contacts along with other miscellaneous internal database
- Prepare physical mailings of clients’ new releases, vinyl and merchandise
- Maintain social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
- Update Domino Publishing Co’s website with new synch activity
- Manage clients’ e-mail invitations of live performances to music supervisors and staff
- Track guest lists, ticket-buy information and key market tour schedules
- Organize weekly ‘New Additions’ updates for the Creative Department to ensure staff are abreast of new music that has been added to the pitching platform
- Coordinate with Domino Publishing Co.’s A&R Dept, songwriters and/or their managers
- Assist in retrieving information regarding recent activity (co-writing sessions, album/single releases, touring & marketing plans, etc.)
- Help secure assets (WAV files, instrumental versions, lyrics, etc.)
- Compile ‘pitch reports’ for staff and/or our clients (under the direction of the GM and/or the creative department)
- Log comprehensive notes and action items on all pertinent team calls, both internally and externally
- Organize and coordinate logistics for showcase opportunities and other events
- Update and maintain team calendars (tour dates, release schedule, etc.)
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in Music Publishing or related industry preferred
- Some knowledge of music publishing preferred
- Fluency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Teams, Outlook, Word, etc.) and Google Docs is a must
- Extensive knowledge of iTunes functions (tagging metadata, file format conversion) is required
- Songspace and Disco proficiency a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team as well as with other departments/clients
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
Interested, qualified candidates should submit resume that summarizes employment and education history, as well as references to Monique@dominorecordco.com.
Domino Publishing Company is a new publishing company (2006) that shares ownership and offices with the highly respected Domino Recording Company. We are currently the worldwide publisher or administrative for a diverse roster of writers and publishers, (roster found at our website). We are a fast-growing company, and this is a tremendous opportunity for an individual who has great organizational skills, is a self-starter, and has the ability to work in an open and creative environment.
Domino is an equal opportunity employer and provides health insurance benefits for full time employees.