Domino Publishing Company is seeking for a full-time Licensing/Copyright Coordinator in our NY office:
- Primary point of contact with the American & Canadian Performing Rights Organizations.
- Responsibilities include notifying the appropriate PRO(s) of all new catalog acquisitions, occasionally registering new compositions on behalf of our writer/publisher clients, and managing any issues/disputes/counter claims, in coordination with GM, Director, and UK Administration Dept.
- Additional duties include tracking down information in connection with the known synchronizations of compositions within our control (e.g., Music cue sheets from various TV and Motion Picture studios, and ‘media buy’ information from Ad Agencies/Competitrack).
Mechanical / New Media Licenses:
- Responsible for issuing and tracking mechanical licenses in the US and Canada.
- In coordination with Licensing Director, will be a primary point of contact with the major labels/indie labels/HFA/CMRRA for mechanical licensing and related.
- Assisting GM/Director for new media/blanket agreements.
Will be assigned responsibility of certain incoming synchronization license requests by the Licensing Director.
Expected to research and understand all rights that are being requested, and in conjunction with Licensing Director and/or GM – to seek clearance/approval from our clients and to negotiate the terms/fees with licensees (Networks, Production, Film Co, Ad Agencies, etc.) on behalf of our clients.
Other administrative duties:
Special project as assigned. Supervising Interns, etc.
When appropriate, responsibilities will include registering copyrights with the US Copyright Office, and keeping track of the status of these registrations.
- Minimum of 2 – 3 years’ experience in Licensing and/or Administration in Music Publishing or related industry.
- Basic knowledge of music publishing and licensing (synchronization, mechanical, print, arrangement, performance, etc.) are must. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team as well as with other departments/clients.
- Ability to work well under pressure and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Fluent in MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word). Experience with Music Maestro and YouTube CMS is a plus.
Position reports to the Licensing Director
Domino Publishing Company is a music publisher, founded in 2006, that shares ownership and offices with the highly respected Domino Recording Company. We are currently the worldwide publisher or administrative for a diverse roster of writers and publishers, (roster found at our website). We are a fast growing company, and this is a tremendous opportunity for an individual who has great organizational skills, is a self-starter, and has the ability to work in an open and creative environment.
Domino Publishing Co. offers competitive salaries and benefits packages commensurate with experience. Please apply by submitting a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Primary applicants only, no recruiters please. Domino Pub. Co. is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information, contact: LicensingPosition@dominopublishingco.com