Domino Recording Company is seeking a Publicity Coordinator based in our Brooklyn, NY office.
This position reports to both the Head of Publicity & Communications in Los Angeles and the Publicist based in New York.
The position will be tasked with working across both their artist rosters, in addition to providing department support.
We are seeking an individual who has great interpersonal skills, is a self-starter and has the ability to work in an open and creative group environment.
The position requires strong organizational and communication skills, strong musical knowledge, a good handle on the existing music media, and an awareness of the ever-changing music marketplace.
Essential to the role is a desire to understand how music publicity plays a role in the larger record release ecosystem.
The candidate must come with some (one to three years) experience working in music and/or publicity and must be familiar with the North American media landscape.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide overall support to Head of Publicity & Communications and NYC Publicist
- Maintain and expand on current PR databases with focus on strengthening tour markets, online & print lists, and new media (e.g. podcasts)
- Research and analyze current and future media outlets; identify outlets that are best suitable for various projects/artists
- Develop media analytics for publicity team
- Strategically review guest lists
- Publicity administrative tasks – producing quote sheets, press reports, and promo schedules, and cataloging press photos
- Publicity research tasks – e.g. researching photographers, stylists, new media
- Coordinating travel for promo-related activity
- Manage press clippings database
- Additional administrative tasks as needed
- One to three years in music-related publicity or related field
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field of study
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; personable and savvy
- Well-versed in media analytics
- Must have the ability to pay close attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proficiency in MS Office / Google Drive
- Ability to multi-task
- Knowledge of label and current artists
Domino Recording Co. was founded in the UK in 1993 by Laurence Bell, who is still the primary creative force of the company.
Initially focused on releasing singles and albums by American artists in the UK (Pavement, Bonnie “Prince” Billy, Sebadoh), the label has expanded over the past decade to include offices in New York, Los Angeles, Berlin, Paris and Sydney and has had considerable worldwide success, both commercial and artistic, with acts as diverse as Arctic Monkeys, Franz Ferdinand, Animal Collective, Dirty Projectors, Real Estate, Cat Power, Julia Holter, The Kills, Blood Orange, and Jon Hopkins to name a few.