Domino Recording Company is seeking a full time, Production/Sales Manager based in our Brooklyn, NY office. This position reports to the Director of Distribution and Production. We are seeking an individual who has great interpersonal skills, is a self-starter, and has the ability to work in an open and creative group environment. The Production/Sales Manager position is responsible for the assisting the Director of Distribution and Production with all production and sales related activities for our roster of artists. The position requires strong organizational and communication skills; the ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment; strong musical knowledge, and an awareness of the ever-changing music marketplace. Experience in the music business is also required.
- Build and maintain retail sales relationships
- Make routine sales calls and outreach
- Manage invoicing & logistics for a direct sales function
- Assist Director of Retail and Production in all production-related functions
- Coordinate catalog production and represses and stock control
- Oversee promo manufacturing
- Manage internal repertoire setup for US
- Maintain weekly release schedule
- Assist in quality assurance
- Oversee inventory and stock control with our distribution partner and our direct-to-consumer operations
- Assist in new release setup and management within our distribution channels
- Minimum of 3-4 years’ experience in the music industry or related field
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have the ability to pay close attention to detail
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Ability to multitask
Proven ability to build and maintain professional relationships
The candidate must be passionate, driven, and a stellar ambassador for the roster of artists on the label. We are looking to hire someone who has a desire to understand the changing landscape of the music business, someone who is engaged with new trends and methods of communication, and someone who finds joy and pride in successes large and small.
Domino Recording Co. was founded in the UK in 1993 by Laurence Bell, who is still the primary creative force of the company. Initially focused on releasing singles and albums by American artists in the UK (Pavement, Bonnie “Prince” Billy, Sebadoh), the label has expanded over the past decade to include offices in New York, Berlin, Paris and Sydney and has had considerable worldwide success, both commercial and artistic, with acts as diverse as Arctic Monkeys, Franz Ferdinand, Animal Collective, Dirty Projectors, Real Estate, Julia Holter, The Kills, Blood Orange, and Jon Hopkins to name a few.
Please forward your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.