Domino seeks a Paralegal / Business Affairs Assistant to join its Business Affairs department in our London office and working across both the record label and publishing company
Core Responsibilities Include:
- Supporting Head of Business Affairs as required
- Preparing artwork and video agreements, synchronisation, sample and lyric licenses, extension and variation agreements
- Responsible for third party agreements including producers, mixer, and featured artist agreements (including negotiating within prescribed limits)
- Coordinating management approvals and signing of agreements
- Updating licensing spreadsheets and arranging delivery of masters to external labels
- Working with the Business Affairs team to ensure files, templates and knowledge resources are properly maintained and kept up to date
- Managing ad hoc queries and researching points of law
- Working closely with other departments and artist management in relation to clearances
- Assisting on all other issues that contribute to the running of the Business Affairs department where appropriate
Please note that the job description is not exhaustive and may vary in line with changes in the team’s objectives.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience of the music industry in a business affairs/legal capacity;
- Excellent attention to detail and a proven track record in negotiating and concluding deals in challenging environment;
- A law degree or legal background;
- Excellent drafting skills, with a keen commercial mind;
- The ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels of the business;
- The ability to work autonomously, think strategically and be proactive;
- Strong administrative, Microsoft Office, Excel, organisation and planning skills.
Please send a covering letter stating how you meet the requirements along with your CV to email@example.com before 6pm on Monday 18th December, 2017.